• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M105A2 from GL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: hmmm

I've been watching those trailers in disgust! By the time I got it home I'd have $700 in it. Just going to have to be patient and buy closer.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
TEE-HEE, sorry Kenny. :p You did get a $45 trailer off of GSA, so you are doing OK.

Here's some pics of the trailer in the daylight. I am pleased with it. From the looks of the undercarriage and the bottoms of the bedsides, it looks to have been 686A tan at some point. I will keep it 3-color for now until I have a tan truck to pull it with (wink, wink).

Now, a question about the bows and top. The 4 all metal bows that I got with the trailer don't have any extension pieces. The 1 wooden bow I got had one extension on it. All of the current trailers coming off of GL have the extensions in place. The bows will still fit in place without the extensions on them. Has anyone seen them used without the extensions and a vinyl top? I would think the top would be too long. I know, I could just put the bows on and find out myself, but I figured if someone knew already it would save me the trouble :)

I need to replace the drain valve off of the air tank. I think I'll just get a little ball-valve from the ACE.

I had no idea these trailers had a peg-leg on the rear frame. I was laying on the ground checking things out and saw it. Very handy for loading it when it is not hitched up.

Anywho, here's the pics.

Attachments

Armada

Very nice Chris!!! Looks great behind the tractor. Hard to tell from the pic but it looks as if the lunette were flipped 180 deg's, the 105 would set perfectly level. I was wondering about that since the tire sizes are different. Seeing as how there's not much trunck space on a tractor, I'm going to repaint mine to match the 818.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Armada. A tan 105A2 would definitely look good behind your 818. I hear you on the lunette flipping.

My brother and I installed the bows and cover over the weekend. They worked great without the extensions! Now, it really looks sharp.

Some carpet scraps, a fan and a couple of sleeping bags will make it a nice rolling bunkhouse for the Aberdeen show.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks