• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M275 in Arizona

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ript, decent looking truck to start with. It looks like you have most, if not all, of the tractor stuff out back as well if you decide to keep it as a tractor. If not, that stuff should bring you a good bit of coin. Mine didn't have of any of that stuff as the it was converted to a brush truck for a small fire department here in Indiana. The guys I bought it from installed the flatbed on it.
One good thing if you do decide to bob yours, you shouldn't have to cut the frame as it is already as short as most cut them.

Here is a pic of mine when I brought it home.

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your USA number, 4J4520, tells me your truck is a 1966-67 like all the others made by Kaiser. It also originally did not have an alternator, another indication it is not a 1970's truck. Not a big deal, just though you might be interested in knowing.

ript

Your USA number, 4J4520, tells me your truck is a 1966-67 like all the others made by Kaiser. It also originally did not have an alternator, another indication it is not a 1970's truck. Not a big deal, just though you might be interested in knowing.
Thanks for the info! The title is still in the mail. He thought it was a 73, so that's on me for not checking before speaking.

I will probably be losing the tractor parts. Everything looks to be in good shape too, the storage box is banged up a bit, but that's minor. I want to be able to use the bed to haul so I may put one of my flatbeds or a box on it, we'll see what happens when the time comes.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, the platform behind the cab (porch?) is not supposed to have a box or spare carrier. Looks like a transplant from a 5 ton. If you do cut off the tractor stuff, I call dibs on the ramp. PM me when you are ready.

Jeepsinker

Thank god. It gets old seeing new members get on here, and the first thing they want to do is take a torch and ruin an otherwise good and solid truck.
A bobber is nothing special anymore.

ript

it's been a while since my last update. Life kinda sorta got in the way for a while.

I fired it up last week! It cranked over 3 or 4 times sounding like it was trying. Once it cleared all the water out of the stack (my cover blew off who knows when ago, won't happen again), she fired right up.... and proceeded to try to run away. signaled the choke man and he shut 'er down for me. I'll be cleaning the IP disconnect here shortly and hope that resolves the issue. hearing it rumble for a minute was inspiring and has lit a fire under my ass. now i want to drive it.

I suppose it's time to start looking for tires. g177's x11. :D

Old Lincoln County Iron, I think i'll be keeping it a tractor, I have a few trailers and I like the options they provide. I may be tempted to pick up another rig for my other wants as you suggested. It would probably be the more practical route. 5 ton has a nice ring to it.

here's a video of it starting up and me shutting it down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h9xZ8Z9vDo I had made sure to cover the 1" inlet on the back of the filter housing prior to attempting to start it too. this was with the fuel 'off' and it still fired up and started to run - classic IP disconnect or is this a sign of something more? Wet t-shirt wrapped around a 2x6 with a tank of co2 in case that failed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks