• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KaiserJeep715

Hello all, i have been reading your forums for a year now and am very impressed with your knowledgeable help for others. I am new member to M715zone.com as well. i am 22 years old and am currently here in Kuwait with the army. We should be home in early NOV. I have loved MV's from an early age and now have two of them today. i have no plans stopping at two, lol i just need the land now. I will post some pics of them later on.
i very much look forward to going to a rally in the future. my plan is to get a trailer to tow the m715 with the deuce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! I'll look forward to meeting at a show some time! Be Safe! [thumbzup]

Massm35a2

Welcome Scott, Hope to see you around sometime. I am also from MA. I have to look around and see if there are some MV clubs close by.

I have a 68 M35a2 w/w and whistler

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for your service to our Country :beer:

Good looking deuce, got any more pics of it and your M715?

We like pics........ :)

westfolk

Hey Massm35a2, Why's your front bumper upside down?
KaiserJeep715....Welcome and take care while you're over there.

MrAugust

KaiserJeep715 said:
Hello all, i have been reading your forums for a year now and am very impressed with your knowledgeable help for others. I am new member to M715zone.com as well. i am 22 years old and am currently here in Kuwait with the army. We should be home in early NOV. I have loved MV's from an early age and now have two of them today. i have no plans stopping at two, lol i just need the land now. I will post some pics of them later on.
i very much look forward to going to a rally in the future. my plan is to get a trailer to tow the m715 with the deuce
use a tow frame if it legal in us ido in england... take a look, and respect to you.

Attachments

KaiserJeep715

Thank you all for the welcome!
MrAugust, i will def look into towing with a tow bar, it will be a cheaper solution than buying a trailer. thank you for the picture...great looking trucks!
MassM35a2, New Bedford isn't too far away! i'll be home early NOV we'll have to meet up. btw how do you have your truck registered?? and who are you using for insurance?

Attachments

Massm35a2

MassM35a2, New Bedford isn't too far away! i'll be home early NOV we'll have to meet up. btw how do you have your truck registered?? and who are you using for insurance?

Unfortunately I had to register it Commercial as I want to be able to drive it when I want and in MA antique plates have tons of restrictions. Insurance was high also because of the commercial plates :-(

God bless and stay safe out there, Hope to see you soon.

KaiserJeep715

Massm35a2

i am unclear on all the rules for trucks and such for mass so my question is... your truck is registered as commercial because of its weight/size? i figured the insurance would be high well just because its Mass. I read about the antique plates and have made my mind up that i will not go that road for the fact that i would never be able to drive it lol.
thanks for the input
Scott

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Historic Is one way to go

I have my deuce as an Historic and it costs only 140 per year for insurance and 52 per two years of registration. I drive it when ever I want to and have never had anything but smiles and admiration from LEO folks.

Massm35a2

KaiserJeep715 said:
Massm35a2

i am unclear on all the rules for trucks and such for mass so my question is... your truck is registered as commercial because of its weight/size? i figured the insurance would be high well just because its Mass. I read about the antique plates and have made my mind up that i will not go that road for the fact that i would never be able to drive it lol.
thanks for the input
Scott
Yes, Because of the weight it is considered commercial, And im MA commecial plates have to be renewed every year :-(

poppop

Its nice to be a farmer in Ga. My 5 ton cargo is tagged as a farm truck and insured as such. Two weeks ago I drove it 750 miles around the state to the toccoa show. Twenty mikes from home on the return trip DOT pulled me over. He said. this trucks not in the Military anymore is it, To which I rep;ied no SIR!!! He said how did you get it. I said, bought it from the Government Sir. He said I assume it belongs to Strickland farms since I had on my Strickland Farms shirt. I said yes Sir!! He said, I stopped you for no tag and no identificaion on the truck. I said I have the tag and registration in the glove box. He looked it over and told me to display in on the truck and put my Strickland farms Magnetic sighns on the doors and let me go. :D :D :D

poppop

Quit growing tobacco two years ago. I was growing 130 acres and producing 300,000 pounds a year. Until this year i farmed 1000 acres and grew corn, soybeans, cotton , peanuts. I cut back this year to 400 acres and grew corn, soybeans and a little cotton. I started growing sweet corn, watermelons, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, canolopes, okra, peas and green peanuts for boiling. This was for the local market and not for shipping. I posted pictures earlier of th M813 haulin watermelons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks