• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new motor, smoke, ticking...

llong66

I have recently built a new 6.5l NA motor. I am having some smoke out of the pass. side of the motor and a slight tick both at idle and while under acceleration. The smoke is slightly bluish in color and is most noticeable while under acceleration. When I let off the accelerator, the smoke seems to go away. The motor is 100% rebuilt, all new parts, the block was magnifluxed, the heads are new, new cam,lifters, crank, rods, pistons, etc. The only reused parts are the push rods and rocker arms. I replaced the CDR valve, all new filters, new Bosh injectors, etc. I am at a loss as to where to took.I marked the push rods so I am sure hey are in correctly. Does anyone have an idea of where I might look?Thanks much!

Greg

Chaski

Sounds like an injector. Pull them and have them tested. I have had a new stanadyne injector give me fits on a skid steer loader before.

It should only take a half hour to pull all the injectors on that bank. I think the socket size is 30mm... maybe.
An injection shop should test them for about $10 each. When I had issues with my loader it was blowing blue smoke and had a ticking / knock. I sent off the injectors and it turned out that one was sticking, all it needed was a proper hone job done by a skilled tech. less than $60.00 later it was working a-ok.

Start with the injectors, it is easy and cheap.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks