• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new motor, smoke, ticking...

llong66

I have recently built a new 6.5l NA motor. I am having some smoke out of the pass. side of the motor and a slight tick both at idle and while under acceleration. The smoke is slightly bluish in color and is most noticeable while under acceleration. When I let off the accelerator, the smoke seems to go away. The motor is 100% rebuilt, all new parts, the block was magnifluxed, the heads are new, new cam,lifters, crank, rods, pistons, etc. The only reused parts are the push rods and rocker arms. I replaced the CDR valve, all new filters, new Bosh injectors, etc. I am at a loss as to where to took.I marked the push rods so I am sure hey are in correctly. Does anyone have an idea of where I might look?Thanks much!

Greg

Chaski

Sounds like an injector. Pull them and have them tested. I have had a new stanadyne injector give me fits on a skid steer loader before.

It should only take a half hour to pull all the injectors on that bank. I think the socket size is 30mm... maybe.
An injection shop should test them for about $10 each. When I had issues with my loader it was blowing blue smoke and had a ticking / knock. I sent off the injectors and it turned out that one was sticking, all it needed was a proper hone job done by a skilled tech. less than $60.00 later it was working a-ok.

Start with the injectors, it is easy and cheap.

Last edited: