• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint

Vondy

Anyone ever thought about painting one in the new Digi pattern, or would that be a MV crime? The last Army uniform I wore was Digi so I thought it might be kinda cool.

dragman

I bought 2 spray cans also, it matches perfect........Lets you get into tight places.........A friend of mine owns a sign shop, he did the stars for the hood and doors. I put them on Today, he is doing the rest i need..........Looks kinda cool.......I have to do the interior next....The seats are in fine shape........I don't think PCTRANS would know its the same he sold me.......Thanks all who like it...Im having a lot of fun with it....:p

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. Our outside painting is over Up-North. Blizzard conditions for the next three days. I guess God is going to paint my Deuce white!:p
Interesting that your mentioned the WHITE theme....

Does anyone have pics of the all white MVs used in northern Alaska in the mid- to late 1970's:?: In my one trip to the arctic, I recall the all white (Including TIRES) wheeled vehicles coming out to the C-130 for support ops.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks outstanding! I can't wait to see your next "rush" job!

Really does look good. How'd you clean and prep the front axle?

dragman

I used whats called "Turbo D", its like Simple Green, you put it in a spray bottle, spray her down, let it sit for a bit, ( 15 min. )........then you pressure wash it down......works real good, we use it on our old cars and prep wash on new cars/trucks we paint. Before and after sanding........Don't want any "fish eyes".........A guy stopped by today,wants to buy it now that i got it painted. I shot him a high price, i hope he does not come up with the money...I really don't want to sell.....only hade it for a month.......Don't think i will sell.......:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks