• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Potential Owners - Generator Model Numbers ARE Important!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from the 1600 miles trip to pick up the unit. Indeed the bottom data plate is wrong from the factory. The one above is the correct 60hz plate. The unit is not a reset unit. built 2/2012 never put into service. All of the factory paperwork including service manual are sealed in package. aux fuel line and grounding kit are on the unit. Got home last night and looked for a few minutes this morning only issue i see is the radiator cap gasket stuck to the filler neck and will need replaced. Batteries still were taped off of the machine so hopefully these batteries will take a charge. Thank you for all the replies
Not an excuse for the factory, but 2012 was the end of their contract. They weren't going to be reordering data plates for a contract that was about to end... so I can see how someone would have approved the plate installation (versus none... as the build calls out a plate there).

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try to post in other areas any questions as i do not want to hi jack this post now that the mystery has been answered kind of about the mystery 803a

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then the unit was never in the field. Perhaps in storage someplace.
It had to be dry storage. not a lick of rust on this machine. Unfortunately not even a optima charger would bring the batteries back. Sams club had a sale today on batteries so we are up and running with zero issues. Inventory stickers were all over this thing including 4 Electronic tags. I am very happy with what i got.

smokem joe

My set I kept as my primary machine was the same way. Only had 6 hours on it and paperwork inside showed it was never in the field. I went through it and replaced all the usual items like fuel lines and wrapped wires that like to get rubbed through and it fired right up. That was back when GL had the contract and things went a lot cheaper though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks