• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New rule at GL for trailers!!!

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave you must have some money to play that there.:funny:
Not right now Rip, but when I do I like the idea of bidding one day and picking up the next! And wouldn't that be awesome if some other cool stuff came off the EUC requirements... (thinking maybe a deuce or two in my driveway?)

Ripcord01

Not right now Rip, but when I do I like the idea of bidding one day and picking up the next! And wouldn't that be awesome if some other cool stuff came off the EUC requirements... (thinking maybe a deuce or two in my driveway?)
I agree with you. It is like they have our monies and we can't even have the items until they say "Go". Get one good truck and have one for parts. sounds like a good plan.

greenupscott

Banned
I just won a M101A2 at DSCC in Columbus Ohio and realized the same thing. Won it Thursday and I am scheduled to pick it up this Thursday.... I called and talked to them as well. The people at the sites didn't seem in the lop either on what was going on...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend just won a 101 last week here in Fairbanks that required an EUC. I had noticed that the earlier sale in Anchorage did not require EUC's. Hopefully, the word will spread a little more evenly

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems to be real random. I am seeing a lot of auctions for M101's that still require EUC, while other bid lots don't require EUC for the same item! My buddy picked up my two M101A2's yesterday, in Anchorage. He said that they are like new! Tires like new, paint like new, one canvas a little faded, the other canvas like new. What great news. The only fault he found was one trailer had a damaged hydraulic brake line. Not being able to inspect these, prior to bidding, I was just hoping I could make one good trailer from two. I am pumped. Yes, I will post pictures when I can get to Anchorage to recover these units.fat lady sings

Ripcord01

It seems to be real random. I am seeing a lot of auctions for M101's that still require EUC, while other bid lots don't require EUC for the same item! My buddy picked up my two M101A2's yesterday, in Anchorage. He said that they are like new! Tires like new, paint like new, one canvas a little faded, the other canvas like new. What great news. The only fault he found was one trailer had a damaged hydraulic brake line. Not being able to inspect these, prior to bidding, I was just hoping I could make one good trailer from two. I am pumped. Yes, I will post pictures when I can get to Anchorage to recover these units.fat lady sings
Good luck on the recovery.

3dAngus

My recent experience over the past 30 days in the Southeast is;
M101A1's need an EUC
M101A2's DO NOT need an EUC
M101A3's need an EUC

All M105A2s need an EUC

In the last 60 days I have purchased all the above but the M101A1, where I only low ball bid on it.

In Todays auctions throughout the SE region of the U.S. this still holds true. My guess is, the M101A1s will be recoded soon to remove the need for an EUC. Just a guess based on the new coding for the M101A2.
The rest of the country seems to be catching up.
New Jersey, no need for an EUC on the M101A2 today, but Ft. Meade MD. you do.

Last edited:

3dAngus

The only fault he found was one trailer had a damaged hydraulic brake line. Not being able to inspect these, prior to bidding, I was just hoping I could make one good trailer from two. fat lady sings
In the field, they repair that brake line with a gas line hose and two clamps, then rebleed it. Most of my M101A2s have had the field repair. Still works.

I'm about to cut a brake hardline on my M101A2 I recovered yesterday with a small pipe cutter for a nice clean cut, then I am going to put a gas line clamp on either end of it as well. My entire surge brake and pintle had been removed after the hard line broke off, but it was still in the bed of the trailer. After bleeding I don't expect any further problems. Just make sure the hardlines don't have any crimps in them obstructing the flow, and if broken off like mine, make a clean cut in lieu of using the pipe at the bad break.

Ripcord01

My recent experience over the past 30 days in the Southeast is;
M101A1's need an EUC
M101A2's DO NOT need an EUC
M101A3's need an EUC

All M105A2s need an EUC

In the last 60 days I have purchased all the above but the M101A1, where I only low ball bid on it.

In Todays auctions throughout the SE region of the U.S. this still holds true. My guess is, the M101A1s will be recoded soon to remove the need for an EUC. Just a guess based on the new coding for the M101A2.
The rest of the country seems to be catching up.
New Jersey, no need for an EUC on the M101A2 today, but Ft. Meade MD. you do.
How big of a storage lot do you have? I hate EUC's.

3dAngus

Don't have a storage lot, just a house with 3/4 acre. Filling it up.:)

Can't wait for my mindless neighbor to complain about me bringing in a Deuce in a couple of weeks.

Seems every neighborhood has one nasty neighbor, who can't just mind his own business.

I do try to keep everything out of the front yard and the yard in impeccable shape. Most of my stuff is out of sight, but, for that one neighbor sitting on a hill looking down over my property.

Jump Start

I ran into the same thing in North Carolina I was waiting for the ECU's to clear on two trailer I purchased and found out three weeks latter that I could have picked them up as soon as Paid in Full showed up on the invoice. I think I am going to like this in the future.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK! My Anchorage buddy pulled these out of GL for me. He took the picture. These are in real good shape. Paint, covers, tires all excellent. I will fire up the Bobber in Aug and make a road trip to Anchorage to recover them. It's about 800 miles each way as I remember. It will give me a chance to try out a waste oil fuel mix!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks