• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Supercharged and Intercooled HMMWV kits!

911joeblow

Paradox by Design is nearing completion on our supercharger kits for HMMWVs. We are developing this in conjunction with the supercharger manufacturer in order to balance the performance needs and maintain absolute reliability all the while. These are modern positive displacement superchargers with internal Air/Coolant intercooling. We are testing with several boost levels from 9PSI to 15PSI and several pump tunes. To date we have made as high as 300HP with room to grow.

The advantage of these kits is that they are true bolt-on kits that reduce the under hood clutter needed to fit a turbocharger. No custom exhaust systems and the added under hood temperatures associated with them and the turbo. No modification of the oil system, pans, etc.. We are looking at one day installation times as our goal.

Pricing is not yet fixed but this will be both an economical and efficient way to gain significant HP and TQ for your rig. Like our cooling upgrade kits we of course use advanced 3D modeling, Heavy HAAS 5 axis CNC machining, and strong Billet aluminum materials. Here are a couple of sneak peak pics and models...

www.paradoxbydesign.com
PBD65.jpgPBD65HMMWV.jpgPBDintercooler.JPG

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really like the supercharger better than the turbo and I’m not saying one is better than the other it’s just better for me. I would imagine that you can piece this together with off the shelf parts as it’s been used in marine applications forever. I believe there is value in a kit that saves time and solves problems. That being said it has to be expensive because supercharger is not cheap by itself. I’m excited to see what your price points looks like. I really want your head cooling kit and do you offer any forum discounts? I’m glad that someone is still working to develop stuff for this platform.

911joeblow

Really like the supercharger better than the turbo and I’m not saying one is better than the other it’s just better for me. I would imagine that you can piece this together with off the shelf parts as it’s been used in marine applications forever. I believe there is value in a kit that saves time and solves problems. That being said it has to be expensive because supercharger is not cheap by itself. I’m excited to see what your price points looks like. I really want your head cooling kit and do you offer any forum discounts? I’m glad that someone is still working to develop stuff for this platform.
From time to time we do offer Steel Soldiers only discounts. Right now we are working to keep prices from going up despite raw materials being 30%-50% higher and harder to come by. I don't see any discounts anytime soon with the current climate.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From time to time we do offer Steel Soldiers only discounts. Right now we are working to keep prices from going up despite raw materials being 30%-50% higher and harder to come by. I don't see any discounts anytime soon with the current climate.
Can we chat about one fitting on your cooling kit that drives me nuts? My ocd is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, which fitting?
That T fitting. If that was 90 degrees and out of the bottom wouldn’t that eliminate the 90 degree elbow and the fitting on the other side of the “T” ? I’m sure there must be a good reason why it’s the way it is 847FA32A-8823-47D2-9394-F3B153B99285.png

911joeblow

You are not wrong. We make many of the parts in our kits but not all of them. Since the 'T' is only used in the the HMMWV kit and none of the others it was decided not to invest in a one off piece and use existing military grade fittings. This of course means there are some limitations on the configuration.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand cost issues for sure. It would really help clean up the angles. I have been looking for that fitting to replace the T but I can’t find one and I thought they made a fitting for everything. I appreciate your time and I’m still getting one.

911joeblow

Trust me, we looked long and hard. The only better option than what we use was a custom fitting which just tooling up for was cost prohibitive in the volume we sell.

DDG-18

Paradox by Design is nearing completion on our supercharger kits for HMMWVs. We are developing this in conjunction with the supercharger manufacturer in order to balance the performance needs and maintain absolute reliability all the while. These are modern positive displacement superchargers with internal Air/Coolant intercooling. We are testing with several boost levels from 9PSI to 15PSI and several pump tunes. To date we have made as high as 300HP with room to grow.

The advantage of these kits is that they are true bolt-on kits that reduce the under hood clutter needed to fit a turbocharger. No custom exhaust systems and the added under hood temperatures associated with them and the turbo. No modification of the oil system, pans, etc.. We are looking at one day installation times as our goal.

Pricing is not yet fixed but this will be both an economical and efficient way to gain significant HP and TQ for your rig. Like our cooling upgrade kits we of course use advanced 3D modeling, Heavy HAAS 5 axis CNC machining, and strong Billet aluminum materials. Here are a couple of sneak peak pics and models...

www.paradoxbydesign.com
View attachment 837514View attachment 837515View attachment 837516
How is this coming? Do you have a target date for availability?

911joeblow

Thanks all for your continued interest. These are now targeted for the end of the 1st quarter (March). We are still dealing with a lot of supply issues and labor issues. There is a lot of development time going into these to make them a true bolt-on system with everything needed being supplied in the kits. We really think this will be the best all around solution to add significant HP and TQ without reducing the lifespan of the engine or the drivability in any way. More to come as we get closer!

911joeblow

Just a little update. We are looking at several months before the superchargers are available in enough numbers to offer these kits. The intercooler cores are also a bit of an issue but we have some stock on those (enough to open some sales). The rest is under our direct control with our own machining and we are stocked on billet to make several kits.

Sorry we don't have hard dates but that is just where things are right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks