• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to deuce question about loading it

Capt.Marion

If I'm not mistaken there are pictures of Wreckerman with his Ford Ranger pickup in the back of one of his deuces... it can be done.

Just need to be familiar with the deuce first, because that's some precious cargo you'll have back there.

I think you'd be well off to try and load at a semi-trailer loading dock- that always seems to be the best bet for getting heavy things into the deuce.

yetti96

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do decide to brave the recovery, you can come by my house on the way home and I can unload your little Mazda. No problem picking up this 5500# M715!

Attachments

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have USAA insurance? The reason I ask is they give a great discount on Hertz car rentals. I have used Hertz for several long distance pick ups. Unlimited mileage and usually no fee to drop off at another location. If you go this route when you reserve online try different locations to see if the rate is better at one place or another. The last time I used this method I got a rate half as much by going 10 miles down the road to a different town.

On another note you mentioned the truck being 3 hours away. Since you are in the southern part of the state I would have to guess the truck in question is somewhere in the central Florida area based on the 3 hour comment. If you want to take a bus or plane up to the Tampa or Orlando area I would be willing to pick you up (if it's on the weekend, would have to check schedule if it's during the week) and drive you out to the truck. Can even drive back with you if you want a tag-along in case something goes wrong. Just let me know if I can be of any help.

Ruppster

cj454

well i am reconsidering getting the 5spd after driving one today. my long legs in that seat/wheel were not all the comfortable for me. I would have to 4door it sooner than later.

i do love one and want one but may be an a3 is better for my use.
Still undecided. I cannot make it north for a few weekends anyway so if its there ill think about it.

army70deuce

Here's my 2cents worth, when I bought mine at Ft. Jackson, they had a rule that you had to have it towed off base because some idiot didn't check the brakes and drove off the lot and into a building. So to have the semi tow truck move it 2 miles was $250 and then it might breakdown on the 2 hr drive home, well for them to pick it up load it on a flat bed and deliver it to my front door was $400. Best money I ever spent, I didn't have to be there just sign the appropriate paperwork and give them and GL a copy saying they could pick it up and I didn't have to worry about a breakdown on the highway, it shows up and I can drive it around the block to check it out within walking distance of the house. Sometimes the money you could save just costs you more. I'd get it flat bedded if its not to far, alot of times the GL guys know a company that does that alot and are aware of the paperwork and how to load and trailer deuces. Good Luck

cj454

well this one has passed me by for now. I'm on the look out for an auto truck. Woman still thinks it ugly but i set her straight the other night. My money my hobbies my toys.
go figure she is cool on the hummer.. I guess its not as ugly or big... but thats why I like th deuce i told her. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks