• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Forum. Need help with a dimension.

OGRE

I purchased my first HMMWV about two years ago and outfitted it as a 4 door soft top. I drive it here in Florida almost always without doors. I purchased a M1102 Trailer from Gov planet just in case I need one.38 HMMWV & Trailer 9 21 19.JPG
I just bought another HMMWV, A 1994 M998 from West Kentucky Surplus and had them add a slantback kit and have started the build process to clean it up and make everything work. It is quite a project but I enjoy the work. I have the manuals and have been acquiring all the parts I need but the manuals don't show everything. I have to install all the parts to make the cargo Shell door work on a vehicle that did not originally have those parts. What I need now is the location of part # 5340011972716 which is the mounting bracket located on the edge of the truck bed that the cargo shell door piston attaches to. Can someone with a Weapons Carrier Body give me the dimension on how far in from the back corner I should mount it. I would imagine its location would be critical for the door to work. Here is a picture of my current project.7 As delivered.JPG
Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

OGRE

Sorry if I was not clear enough. I have the brackets I need but I need a dimension on where to mount them. They mount on the top inside edge of the truck bed. How far in from the corner do they mount?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive an M1025, but she is in the shoppe.

What pic or dimension do you need? Take a pic with you pointing to what your talking about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks