• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me m108 2.5 ton crane/wrecker

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just closed a deal on a somewhat rare 2.5 ton m108. You know ran when parked. If you peruse mv sights you have most likely seen her for sale for a number of years. It needs a lot of work. It has been sitting since put up for sale.

Anybody in the Lawrenceville ga area who can lend a hand at pulling with a tow bar out of the hole she is sitting in? I need to move up to the hard tack so I can load on my trailer.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myself and or 79M819 can help! I would need an early morning weekend or late work week.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If Swiss or Ron can't help, you might talk me in to it. I am about 30 miles from there.

Congrats! Bring it to the rally in October!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If Swiss or Ron can't help, you might talk me in to it. I am about 30 miles from there.

Congrats! Bring it to the rally in October!
I am an idiot. I was just reminded that I am going to Blythewood, SC on Sunday morning, so I am unable to assist.

Sorry.

C

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen that one for sale on a number of sites for a few years now. They were a bit proud in the asking price IMHO. Congrats on the purchase.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Proud to say the least. Let's just say I have a fairly good knowledge of vehicle values and was able to convey this to the owner.

The original inflated price came about as the widow was told by her late husband what he had spent on the truck.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does Sunday afternoon look like? Say 11 or 1:00. This is a time window right now schedule still in flux. Could be later but not earlier.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Works for me, do you need a wrecker or can a 923 do the job, does it need to be lifted on to the trailer aka known as a two wrecker lift which we can do if needed, the GA MAFIA never leaves a member of the heard behind and WILL do ALL that is needed to make sure that does not happen.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Care to share what you paid for it? If not I understand. I've got one sitting out back I've been contemplating repowering with a multifuel or selling it to someone who would like to restore it the right way.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Here is a bit of m108 information that I am not sure how many know,

The m108 was built as a BOMB HANDLING truck, not a wrecker, BUT being that MR. GI thought he could use it as a light wrecker, he did, now the higher ups saw this and thought if a m108 worked as a "lite" wrecker, a REAL lite wrecker equipped with ALL the wrecker goodies was NEEDED, so the m60 deuce wrecker was born. Now MR. GI saw a real wrecker and to him a wrecker was a wrecker, so he would hook on to any and every thing he could hook on to, to say that the poor m60 was over loaded was a major understatement, being that it had trouble handling anything bigger then a jeep, the extremely high maintaince (wonder why), the major over lapping of the 5t wreckers (m62) mission, the m60 production stopped with very few being made. Guess a new idea is not always a up grade.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a bit of m108 information that I am not sure how many know,

The m108 was built as a BOMB HANDLING truck, not a wrecker, BUT being that MR. GI thought he could use it as a light wrecker, he did, now the higher ups saw this and thought if a m108 worked as a "lite" wrecker, a REAL lite wrecker equipped with ALL the wrecker goodies was NEEDED, so the m60 deuce wrecker was born. Now MR. GI saw a real wrecker and to him a wrecker was a wrecker, so he would hook on to any and every thing he could hook on to, to say that the poor m60 was over loaded was a major understatement, being that it had trouble handling anything bigger then a jeep, the extremely high maintaince (wonder why), the major over lapping of the 5t wreckers (m62) mission, the m60 production stopped with very few being made. Guess a new idea is not always a up grade.
M62
M62
M62
M62
M62
M62
M62
M62

Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Operations commence at 11:30 , 923 and chains will be pulling out of hq. Pictures later this morning as ops get under way

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks