• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me m108 2.5 ton crane/wrecker

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Recovry4x4;1596910 Andy Bell in TN machined an adapter to use common fittings but never marketed them. [/QUOTE said:
DH has come up with an adapter that seems to work. Crusher might have a copy too.

Welcome to the crane club!

rebelqwes87

I sure would be interested in the ndt's. Yes the lady was very nice. Her original asking price was way way high and it was deteriating. Very badly. The asking price was so off base I think it scared away any potential buyers. I explained why I wanted it and what my plans are for the truck. Also went over my experience and knowledge of mv's to establish a value. I got a very good deal I think . Her yard guy was pushing to have it scraped so I'm glad it has a new home.

she now lives in MS and I think she is now trying to move on from her husband's death. It was his baby according to her.

Yeah she said he used it to build the barn on the property. Are you gonna be at the GA rally? If so we can work something out and I'll bring them there.

TadB

I'm with rebel, I came across this thread a day late and a dollar short. I'm about 15 minutes away from there aswell. I used to date a girl that lived directly across the street from the lady. I asked about it probably six years ago and the price was exactly what it was when I saw it on CL yesterday. Maybe could have gotten a chance to use the new trailer if I had gotten involved in the recovery. Very nice truck, hope it serves you well.20140816_171551.jpg

mikey

Excellent Chuck. Great little truck. Funny story. When I bought mine in Lake City, I put it on my piggyback device and toted it home with the M275A2. I didn't install the boom supports. Somehwere down around Ocala I happened to look back and the boom had walked about 1/4 of the way around. Scared the heck out of me.
Most M108's I've seen for sale did not have the boom supports. I was very happy that mine did.

Just closed a deal on a somewhat rare 2.5 ton m108. You know ran when parked. If you peruse mv sights you have most likely seen her for sale for a number of years. It needs a lot of work. It has been sitting since put up for sale.

Anybody in the Lawrenceville ga area who can lend a hand at pulling with a tow bar out of the hole she is sitting in? I need to move up to the hard tack so I can load on my trailer.
Beautiful M108. Mine is M41104. I'm glad you got a great deal on it. I know this thread is old, but I just came across it. Good luck with your M108! If you need upper and lower seat cushions for the crane seat, which I'm sure you did when you recovered it, John Tennis makes an beautiful set.

Mikey

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info on the seats. Hope to get the project moving along this summer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks