• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the forum

Mac1009

IMG_1982.jpg
Hey guys new to the forum wanted to say hi. Just bought my first project vehicle, the above m1009. 6.2/700r4/1ton axles.
I have been searching on the forum for a thread to help me with my shifting problems.
same old thing stuck in first
looking for a thread that looks beyond TV cable, governor, and governor gear.
Any ideas?

MarcusOReallyus

Welcome!

Since the 700r4 isn't stock, I can't help much, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

The T400 is vacuum shifted, so rotted vacuum lines are a common problem there. If yours is also vacuum operated, start there.

chevymike

If the TV cable is not set perfectly, you can toast a 700r4 in a matter of miles. It is not a kick down cable like a TH350. The TV controls the line pressure and if not right, it will cause the clutches to slip, not shift correctly and a host of other issues.

v12venator

Thanks so much. What was the stock transfer case? I have a 208 in it now.
Pretty sure the 205 would have been stock to your truck. I know I've got the 208 with the PTO provisioning, but I can't remember if the 208 w/o PTO was stock. The Lube Order states 205 and 208, so I think the 1009s would have had the 205. I'm a 1031 guy, so I don't have much weigh in about this. Rick would definitely know better about it than me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks