• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the forum

Mac1009

IMG_1982.jpg
Hey guys new to the forum wanted to say hi. Just bought my first project vehicle, the above m1009. 6.2/700r4/1ton axles.
I have been searching on the forum for a thread to help me with my shifting problems.
same old thing stuck in first
looking for a thread that looks beyond TV cable, governor, and governor gear.
Any ideas?

MarcusOReallyus

Welcome!

Since the 700r4 isn't stock, I can't help much, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

The T400 is vacuum shifted, so rotted vacuum lines are a common problem there. If yours is also vacuum operated, start there.

chevymike

If the TV cable is not set perfectly, you can toast a 700r4 in a matter of miles. It is not a kick down cable like a TH350. The TV controls the line pressure and if not right, it will cause the clutches to slip, not shift correctly and a host of other issues.

v12venator

Thanks so much. What was the stock transfer case? I have a 208 in it now.
Pretty sure the 205 would have been stock to your truck. I know I've got the 208 with the PTO provisioning, but I can't remember if the 208 w/o PTO was stock. The Lube Order states 205 and 208, so I think the 1009s would have had the 205. I'm a 1031 guy, so I don't have much weigh in about this. Rick would definitely know better about it than me.