• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new tow bar mount

baxter

I finally got around to making this mount. I wanted the tow bar on the truck but didnt really want it in the bed or on the winch. I used 2" angle and some 3"pipe then welded and ground it to fit nice. I put brackets on both sides and it is solid as a rock.

Vaughn

Attachments

3dAngus

That's nice. Good job. I would sand and paint that towbar with some Krylon Camo Olive paint available at WalMart. It only takes about 25-30 minutes if you have a palm sander.

baxter

3dangus. Thats the next step right now the bars are at my welders getting the upgrade collors then Im gonna sandblast and paint.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got around to making this mount. I wanted the tow bar on the truck but didnt really want it in the bed or on the winch. I used 2" angle and some 3"pipe then welded and ground it to fit nice. I put brackets on both sides and it is solid as a rock.

Vaughn
I have 2 medium towbars. I use the same spot to tote mine. I have to say though, my towbar with the collars is a biatch to get in that spot. I have to take the inner bars out of it to get it to clear. The bar sans collars goes in with the inners in place! I like that mount though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks