• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new tow bar mount

baxter

I finally got around to making this mount. I wanted the tow bar on the truck but didnt really want it in the bed or on the winch. I used 2" angle and some 3"pipe then welded and ground it to fit nice. I put brackets on both sides and it is solid as a rock.

Vaughn

Attachments

3dAngus

That's nice. Good job. I would sand and paint that towbar with some Krylon Camo Olive paint available at WalMart. It only takes about 25-30 minutes if you have a palm sander.

baxter

3dangus. Thats the next step right now the bars are at my welders getting the upgrade collors then Im gonna sandblast and paint.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got around to making this mount. I wanted the tow bar on the truck but didnt really want it in the bed or on the winch. I used 2" angle and some 3"pipe then welded and ground it to fit nice. I put brackets on both sides and it is solid as a rock.

Vaughn
I have 2 medium towbars. I use the same spot to tote mine. I have to say though, my towbar with the collars is a biatch to get in that spot. I have to take the inner bars out of it to get it to clear. The bar sans collars goes in with the inners in place! I like that mount though!