• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy I just got

AllenEM

What ever brand of lift you go with remember you will need to get diff. u-bolts because the Dana 60 uses bigger or wider U-bolts. 2 u-bolt on driver side and 1 U-bolt and two bolts on pass side
OK, so I put the rear ends out of both trucks and M1009's spring perch is about 3" wider than the M1008's. and it looks like the front may be about 3/4-1" wider.
i would have thought the pickup being wider than the blazer but I guess I need to find one to move the perches.

AllenEM

I finally got my truck running yesterday for the first time since I have own it. newer engine (to me anyway from a local fire truck) and the axles from the same truck ( M1008 ) now it's time to find a tilt column and fix the back window and let the fun begin.

oh fix a oil leak at the rad. and add power steering fluid.

AllenEM

I drove it last night for the first time since I got it (under it's own power) runs great drives good.

I need to work on WIRING under the dash ( no fan, lights, wipers, ect.) but it starts and drives rofl:grd:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[thumbzup]

So is the wiring hacked up? I'll send you the wiring diagrams if you need them

AllenEM

Well I worked on it Saturday that the dash all apart trying to get the light to work, fan, wipers also noticed that when I drove it around it was not going into third gear ( one more thing to fix). well I still don't have lights, wipers, and heater fan also notices the cable to the heater temp control was broken... Man this thing is eating my lunch. oh and when I pull the back window in and rolled it up got about 2" from the top and the handle assembly broke so now I can go up or down and I going to have climb is side and take the tailgate apart and drop the window down.

big block 88

Nothing is worse for a truck than just stiing IMO. I just got a 91 Chevy and it is eating up parts left and right. People just let them sit and the fluid turn to slime and break down. I feel for you bud, but eventually you will run out of parts to replace, and atleast it's an old Chevy so the parts are relatively cheap.

Best of luck. It is a very nice truck. In clean condition you will happy when she is healthy again.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I worked on it Saturday that the dash all apart trying to get the light to work, fan, wipers also noticed that when I drove it around it was not going into third gear ( one more thing to fix). well I still don't have lights, wipers, and heater fan also notices the cable to the heater temp control was broken... Man this thing is eating my lunch. oh and when I pull the back window in and rolled it up got about 2" from the top and the handle assembly broke so now I can go up or down and I going to have climb is side and take the tailgate apart and drop the window down.
\

Clean the fuse boxe, replace all the fuses and check for tightness of the contacts.

I have a spare heater cable on the parts truck. I can send it to you.

Welcome to the joys of owning a 25+ year old vehicle that the maintenance has been defered. ;)

AllenEM

Well I have 315/75/16 tires no lift and pick up tail gate and I drove it to work for the first time (20 miles) no problems. Still need to fix the heater cable ( heat is on and it's going to be 90 something today) and change the steering column out ( hoping that will fix a lot of problems.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks