• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New V-100

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the feedback fellers.

Baseballump, yep that is a pretty disreputable looking bunch, but the boy is a keeper. I give credit for his good qualities to his mother!

The tires are NOS originals. They are in beautiful condition, smooth sidewalls with no cracking, still have mould hairs on the tread. But, like B3.3T mentioned earlier, with old tires you can't trust them even if they look good. Once I get a second set of wheels I will run regular Goodyear 14.00's on the road and put the original tires away to be mounted only for shows. The original V tires are next to impossible to find now, so I want to keep mine in as good a shape as possible.

We unloaded the V yesterday and played on the farm with it. Between Sarge (my neighbour) and I, we have 20 acres to run about on. My beautiful new paint job is now all dusty, but that makes an MV look 'right', so I am okay with it. I'm headed out now to put the replica .50 in the turret, and start sticking all the myriad of details inside.
Still lots to do.

Cheers

Pic 1- Ready to come off the trailer
Pic 2- Sarge shows his displeasure at being forced to drive it
Pic 3- Woodland camo doing what it does best
Pic 4- The blue tape is covering the hole where the winch motor comes into the hull. Winch will be installed soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

baseballump

Rory . With each picture it looks better and better. And Yes leave it a little dusty and drity we washed ours about once a month. Our when they wanted us to do something we didn't want to do. You can't belive how long you can make that job last.
Oh!! Wait you just did a 6 month build in what 2 or 3 yrs.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rory . Our when they wanted us to do something we didn't want to do. You can't belive how long you can make that job last.
Oh!! Wait you just did a 6 month build in what 2 or 3 yrs.
rofl

Well, it is even dirtier now since I just had to drive it around some more today. That thing is just plain fun. That and I have been walking around on top of it to access the engine hatches, etc. so it is looking used.

You will notice from Pawnshop's photos that the .50 is now in the turret. Looks cooler than the single .30. By this time Friday it should have both guns showing.
We got a few other things done, but more importantly we shot some video which Sam will post. Baseballump, you will be able to see and hear it driving around. It sounds very cool indeed!
Of course, you will also be able to hear my inexpert shifting, still working on that...:roll:

I drove it some buttoned up, really not as bad as I thought it would be. The vision blocks really give a fairly decent field of view.

Pawnshop's photos look nice (that evening light is particularly flattering), so we will leave it at that for today.

Cheers

1995USAFRetE6

I am pleased that you did it right... looks like it came from the factory... to say that I'm envious is a true understatement! Hope to see it at some shows... should be a crowd pleaser![thumbzup]

baseballump

Boys That looks like way to much fun. I remember when we tried to drive all closed up. the look out ports were so yellow you couldn't see out of them. And, as far a shifting goes I think they have a mind of there own sometimes.
But, man that looks great . More you play with it the more fun you will have.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the positive comments. :smile:

I get confused when other folks change their avatars, and thus have used the same one since I started here. I do change it to a silly variation at Christmas time, but essentially the same.
But the suggestion is a good one, so I just added the V100 to the old one. Hopefully I won't have an identity crisis!

Cheers

1- Old avatar
2- Christmas avatar
3- New avatar

PS - You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure out how to combine the two pictures! Or maybe you would....

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend Christmas lights on the V versus the Santa Hat. A little more dignified.

On a seperate note, I plan on being at Temple early Friday so can pull guard duty on whatever is there first. PM with a schedule for you and the rest of the crew and I'll plan accordingly. Also bringing a gas generator to run the MKT with so will have some power for your cooling accessories if needed.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend Christmas lights on the V versus the Santa Hat. A little more dignified.

On a seperate note, I plan on being at Temple early Friday so can pull guard duty on whatever is there first. PM with a schedule for you and the rest of the crew and I'll plan accordingly. Also bringing a gas generator to run the MKT with so will have some power for your cooling accessories if needed.
Not sure what I'll do to them this Christmas, long way off still!

Sarge is going to trailer the V up to Temple early on Friday. We will post Panda or someone with it to keep the idle coonfingerers away while we head back south to get the rest of the MV's to convoy back up again. It would be good for her to have someone she knows there.

Thanks, I will gladly tap into your power, don't want to do the heat casualty thing again...:roll:

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks