• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New York State inspection

irishvin

iam a nys inspector nys date base is kinda screwed up it took 3 times to get mviyn putt in because it doesn't under stand the military vin#
my m1009 come up as a Gasser too and my new m1008 came up as a Subaru....don't know how that happen but it was a messy paper work thing

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The State changed NYSI ( STATE INSPECTION PROGRAM) computer systems last month and it has been a disaster to say the least , Vehicle Safety and Clean Air are in a FIT trying to get the system up and running . Hang in there it will get fixed but it will take some time , what can I say , LOW BID ! If you are still having problems PM me I can help you out . Does your buddy work for DMV or is he a NYSI ? If he is with DMV I probably know him . good luck , Bob k

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya , LOT's of problems with the NEW system , new Inspection Computer software is Crap . If you or the shop is having problems PM me I can give you some contact info , but it comes down to that old saying about LIPSTICK on a PIG !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at a local DMV office today and they said the computers have been slow or down for a week now. My simple transactions were timed out multiple times before going through.

Maybe it's all the people registering their firearms!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't go there Doghead , I mean I was just told I am NOT welcome in Prince Andy land !!!! LOL

Gonzomatic

Oh boy, one more on a long list of reasons to get out of this state. My inspection costs ten bucks and my 1008 passes with ease, even without an exhaust system once.

samsays

Hi My buddy has a lot of hats.. trying too deal with all the bs coming from the influx of vehicles damaged in hurricane sandy A lot of new cars people are trying to resell as new with no damage…then do a little history check and you have a NYS salvage title…but thats another story

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes indeed . That was a BIG part of my job , was investigating "TITLE WASHING" , big problem , and what was bad is those vehicles were a SALT water flood , VERY good for the electronics ! For a time they were using CANADA to re-title the Vehicles , everything stops at the border , so it was very hard to check title history in Canada , but it has gotten better thanks to groups like IAATI , never a dull moment . The reason AUTO CRIME is such a big deal to LE is that it is the START of a lot of other crimes , so it is a big deal . A little boring DMV HISTORY , sorry , LOL

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked in with the boys at my old office , and the New NYSI program is finally settling down after a VERY troubled start , phone problems are WAY down . The Inspection stations can still do MANUEL DATA ENTRY for our Military Vehicles if it does not come up on a bar code scan at the start of the inspection . Also Diesel Emission's is only in the down state area , upstate is still the same , no diesel emission's check , ..... YET .