• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb.... with M1008

LT67

Finally joined the CUCV club the other day.... 1985 M1008 that was later used by one of our local police departments hence the paint, civilian grill, fender emblems and chrome mirrors.

20170703_185821.jpg20170703_210500.jpg20170703_185645.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!
Its a bit unusual for a department to change the grill and bumpers, etc.
They don't spend any funds unless they have to.
Is there a data plate on the drivers side door jam?
Doors get swapped a lot and at first glance, yours looks like a regular truck that had the drivers door swapped out with a CUCVs.

Great truck regardless

LT67

Welcome!
Doors get swapped a lot and at first glance, yours looks like a regular truck that had the drivers door swapped out with a CUCVs.

Great truck regardless
It's definitely an M1008, the ID plate is on the door and door jam.... the truck also has the blackout light switches intact.

Csm Davis

Welcome!

Great truck regardless
Probably somebody in the department had civilian truck and wanted the military look and asked to swap before selling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LT67

Probably somebody in the department had civilian truck and wanted the military look and asked to swap before selling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Lol...... it has the ID plate on the drivers side door jam. It's not a conversion.

galeo7171

It's a real m1008. I know the previous owner, he also has an m1009 that he's selling for parts. I've seen this m1008 in person several times in the last couple of month and can vouch for it being an m1008 and not a civilian truck.

LT67

It's a real m1008. I know the previous owner, he also has an m1009 that he's selling for parts. I've seen this m1008 in person several times in the last couple of month and can vouch for it being an m1008 and not a civilian truck.
Previous owner was great to deal with as well..... cool dude. I'll be going back to get the CUCV grill off of the M1009.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's definitely an M1008, the ID plate is on the door and door jam.... the truck also has the blackout light switches intact.
Like I said....at first glance.

Glad its genuine. A lot of wannabes out there.

Ordak

Congrats Buddy! Looks like a fun project, any plans as for what you are going to do with it? Are you going to try and return it to stock military or something a little different?

LT67

Welcome aboard from Nevada. Got any pics of the engine compartment??
Actually I don't at the moment.... everything looked normal. Twin batteries on the passenger side and dual alternators

Congrats Buddy! Looks like a fun project, any plans as for what you are going to do with it? Are you going to try and return it to stock military or something a little different?
Leaving the paint as is, but putting the CUCV grill back in it. It's pretty much going to be a "farm" truck with winches on both ends attached to welded steel bumpers. Probably going to put 35's on it and add an easy inch... a little minor fender trimming for clearance.

LT67

I guess I better fix this before putting 35's on the truck.... lol. Broken leaf spring center bolt..

20121345_1469364556440272_389148091974979143_o.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks