• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

newbe with ??? on buying a Deuce

mkooler

hello all dicided to take the leap and get a duce i have always wanted one .i selling my fully restored 1968 cutlass conv so i will have like 10,000 to spend, can you all give me some do's and dont's on things i should look for or stay away from buy the way it will be getting something already bobed

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a pristine depot rebuild dropside M35A2C, singled out with Firestone radials. I also have hemmtt rims with centers ready to mount 395s and have those too. . I sure like cutlass convertibles... Can deal with you if you are serious...

212sparky

Use the search function. This topic has been beaten to death. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Also welcome to the site.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pristine depot rebuild dropside M35A2C, singled out with Firestone radials. I also have hemmtt rims with centers ready to mount 395s and have those too. . I sure like cutlass convertibles... Can deal with you if you are serious...
Lets keep any dealing offline or in the classifeds.

(I too would love to have a Cutlass Covert :wink:)

mkooler

new here, not meaning to break the rules i was just kinda giving background on my situation and looking for info, i did search but if there is such a thing as too much info this would be it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What part of NY are you from?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
new here, not meaning to break the rules i was just kinda giving background on my situation and looking for info, i did search but if there is such a thing as too much info this would be it.
You are okay. If you guys start talking trading or pricing then you will need to take it offline.

Your question seems like it comes up weekly if not daily.

Things to consider:

What is you mechanical ability
What resources do you have to work on the truck
Where will you store it and work on it
How deep are you pockets (you gave that covered)
Do you live in a house with a HOA

These trucks are very simple to work on. The parts are just bigger and heavier that your convertable.

They are 40+ years old and WILL require maintenance

Buy the best truck you can afford and be prepaired to spend time and money to enjoy it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/55552-cost-ownership-real-cost-deuce.html

One of our members created this document

Attachments

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site and be ready for the "GREEN BUG " can't have just ONE ! I am in Lockport , I sent you a PM , I am ALWAYS available to give FREE advice to somebody just starting out , just talk to my wife ! This is a great site with TONS of great people and a LOT of INFO on just about EVERY THING military , enjoy Bob K

Scooteerr

Welcome.... The sickness can start in you in many ways but it almost always leads to a deuce... The another deuce... Then a parts truck... 5 ton... Another 5 ton... Ect....

Then you find yourself searching both SS and Gov liquidation daily, for good deals even though you just spent all of NEXT month's paycheck on that deuce you just filled out an EUC for.... auaauaauaaua

And have'nt even told your wife about it yet... :deadhorse::deadhorse:

You can get a really nice deuce for $10,000. Are you looking more at the A2's or A3's?

While you're looking for your deuce, let's see some pictures of that 1968 Cutlass! :D

mkooler

you are okay. If you guys start talking trading or pricing then you will need to take it offline.

Your question seems like it comes up weekly if not daily.

Things to consider:

What is you mechanical ability
what resources do you have to work on the truck
where will you store it and work on it
how deep are you pockets (you gave that covered)
do you live in a house with a hoa

these trucks are very simple to work on. The parts are just bigger and heavier that your convertable.

They are 40+ years old and will require maintenance

buy the best truck you can afford and be prepaired to spend time and money to enjoy it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/55552-cost-ownership-real-cost-deuce.html

one of our members created this document

hoa ???

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 for me?

Welcome I have 3 deuce's,so far :D an M34,M35A2,M756A2 got all 3 for less than 8 k.
You could get around 3 to 5 for 10 k,depending where you get them and shape there in.

steve

mkooler

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't buy the first one you come across and, in the long run, its better to buy a truck the way you want it, rather than "get it there" over time.

mkooler

Don't buy the first one you come across and, in the long run, its better to buy a truck the way you want it, rather than "get it there" over time.
i appreciate that philosophy, i have restored a lot of hot rods and am done with that .don't mind fixing things just sick of completely rebuilding things that need to be shinny and perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks