• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie here... and WHAT'S this thing??

Harleighguy

Hello all, I just recently got myself a Bobbed deuce and now the fun begins... I have a question about WHAT the ORANGE cylinder thing on the drivers side rear of the engine is. I have tried to post a pic, but there seems to be something wrong as it won't attach...

KsM715

Ether (sp?) start. Its a way to spray a metered shot of ether into the motor to help it start.

Edit: how big is the pic? They have to be smaller than a certain size to attach.

Harleighguy

KsM the pic is 500x375, ok if it's an ether bottle how do you refill it?? I don't think I have a need as the truck fires right up, but I would just like to know. It's been a long time since I had a deuce under my backside and then I don't remember the ether bottle thing when I was driving one.

KsM715

I dont think you can fill it. You have to buy a replacement bottle.

Edit: not sure why your pic wont attach. Its definately small enough

jh1990

KsM the pic is 500x375, ok if it's an ether bottle how do you refill it?? I don't think I have a need as the truck fires right up, but I would just like to know. It's been a long time since I had a deuce under my backside and then I don't remember the ether bottle thing when I was driving one.
you'd have to find the refill canisters but i wouldn't even worry about it if it fires right up

Harleighguy

I have tried to use the "Manage Attachments" button to attach a pic and when I toggle it the button "clicks" but nothing further happens. I also get the warning at the bottom saying "Error on page"...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type of file, are you trying to attach?

Harleighguy

It's not the file type.... NOTHING happens when I try to open the Manage Attachments page, I can't select ANY pics to attach. The pic I have is JPEG. I cannot attach anything for some reason.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM Mangus580 with your problem.

3dAngus

I've tried the Tutorial... No dice...

Here's the Error message:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6)
Timestamp: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:40:40 UTC

Line: 11
Char: 2465
Code: 0
URI: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/clientscript/vbulletin_attachment.js?v=386
There's the problem. It's not Sunday yet!!!
Looks like you can't post until the 19th according to the error code.

<just kidding>

But if you pass on this exacting error code as you posted it here to Mangus, along with an explanation you gave in a previous post, it will be very helpful to him and he can put a finger on it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems the problem is with the site. The Admin needs to allow me to post pics and I don't have the approval for some reason. In the Posting Rules Box below it says that the code is Off and it needs to be On...[/QUOTE]

its off for me too, but i can post pictures without a problem.

3dAngus

It seems the problem is with the site. The Admin needs to allow me to post pics and I don't have the approval for some reason. In the Posting Rules Box below it says that the code is Off and it needs to be On...[/QUOTE]

On the classified, you have to have 5 posts first. Wonder if that applies to posting pics as well. Anyway, it appears to be a seperate server, or area of the same server creating the error codes, but Mangus should be able to resolve if not a default listing issue applicable to all.

How did you end up with such an odd sized picture?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks