• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie here... and WHAT'S this thing??

Harleighguy

Hello all, I just recently got myself a Bobbed deuce and now the fun begins... I have a question about WHAT the ORANGE cylinder thing on the drivers side rear of the engine is. I have tried to post a pic, but there seems to be something wrong as it won't attach...

KsM715

Ether (sp?) start. Its a way to spray a metered shot of ether into the motor to help it start.

Edit: how big is the pic? They have to be smaller than a certain size to attach.

Harleighguy

KsM the pic is 500x375, ok if it's an ether bottle how do you refill it?? I don't think I have a need as the truck fires right up, but I would just like to know. It's been a long time since I had a deuce under my backside and then I don't remember the ether bottle thing when I was driving one.

KsM715

I dont think you can fill it. You have to buy a replacement bottle.

Edit: not sure why your pic wont attach. Its definately small enough

jh1990

KsM the pic is 500x375, ok if it's an ether bottle how do you refill it?? I don't think I have a need as the truck fires right up, but I would just like to know. It's been a long time since I had a deuce under my backside and then I don't remember the ether bottle thing when I was driving one.
you'd have to find the refill canisters but i wouldn't even worry about it if it fires right up

Harleighguy

I have tried to use the "Manage Attachments" button to attach a pic and when I toggle it the button "clicks" but nothing further happens. I also get the warning at the bottom saying "Error on page"...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type of file, are you trying to attach?

Harleighguy

It's not the file type.... NOTHING happens when I try to open the Manage Attachments page, I can't select ANY pics to attach. The pic I have is JPEG. I cannot attach anything for some reason.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM Mangus580 with your problem.

3dAngus

I've tried the Tutorial... No dice...

Here's the Error message:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6)
Timestamp: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:40:40 UTC

Line: 11
Char: 2465
Code: 0
URI: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/clientscript/vbulletin_attachment.js?v=386
There's the problem. It's not Sunday yet!!!
Looks like you can't post until the 19th according to the error code.

<just kidding>

But if you pass on this exacting error code as you posted it here to Mangus, along with an explanation you gave in a previous post, it will be very helpful to him and he can put a finger on it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems the problem is with the site. The Admin needs to allow me to post pics and I don't have the approval for some reason. In the Posting Rules Box below it says that the code is Off and it needs to be On...[/QUOTE]

its off for me too, but i can post pictures without a problem.

3dAngus

It seems the problem is with the site. The Admin needs to allow me to post pics and I don't have the approval for some reason. In the Posting Rules Box below it says that the code is Off and it needs to be On...[/QUOTE]

On the classified, you have to have 5 posts first. Wonder if that applies to posting pics as well. Anyway, it appears to be a seperate server, or area of the same server creating the error codes, but Mangus should be able to resolve if not a default listing issue applicable to all.

How did you end up with such an odd sized picture?