• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie Needs Advice on HMMWV

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, still waiting on EUCs from purchases in July and October.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Action

Looks good. Did you apply paint? It seems shiny (reflective). And, why did you blur the VIN? I can go to any other vehicle in the mall parking lot any see it's VIN. I always wondered why folks do that to license plates in pictures.

cg25713

Thanks Action. I touched up the paint in some areas and used the Ultra Flat Krylon Camo cans. Know what you mean about the finish. As for the VIN, the truck is for sale but I was thinking exactly what you asked when I posted the pictures here. Plus, everyone that responded to this thread could find the VIN easily if they wanted. I also always wondered why people blurred vin, license plates. Perhaps I should show them as not to confuse or offend prospective buyers? I think you are totally right. Thanks for the feedback.

P.S. It's totally street legal, titled and registered.

Last edited:

Action

Thanks Action. I touched up the paint in some areas and used the Ultra Flat Krylon Camo cans. Know what you mean about the finish. As for the VIN, the truck is for sale but I was thinking exactly what you asked when I posted the pictures here. Plus, everyone that responded to this thread could find the VIN easily if they wanted. I also always wondered why people blurred vin, license plates. Perhaps I should show them as not to confuse or offend prospective buyers? I think you are totally right. Thanks for the feedback.

P.S. It totally street legal, titled and registered.
Also, Is that data plate just a sticker?

cg25713

It's not a sticker. It's printed on a 1/8" thick aluminum plate. Ordered from a place called signomatic.com. Mine was a bit rusty and coming off. It's somewhat expensive but I think its worth it. Turnaround is fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks