• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie ? on M105 trailers

eagle4g63

mmmmmmmmm.............find another site then........if everybody is asking the same **** questions then whats the point of the site.......other than the whole "Im in a club" thingy

I think you just pointed out what everyone is saying about asking the same thing over... that IS the point!!

The site is for learning NEW things not hashing out the same old chit!

If it is JUST a "club thingy" to ya...don't bother, nobody made you join! I happen to really enjoy being on here to find out new things about the hobby that I can't find on the outside, the site been here longer than me and I think most of it is a been there done that so I need to be patient and find it. Like the pasta sauce "it's in there"

91W350

Who needs a big truck to pull a 105? Just get some metal and make a hitch, throw several heavy chunks of iron in and head for the recycling center.... I just hope my family is not around when you do.... Seriously, this was a very poor idea and he should have been cited.

Lights, safety chains, what? Are you kidding?

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonjc

Who needs a big truck to pull a 105? Just get some metal and make a hitch, throw several heavy chunks of iron in and head for the recycling center.... I just hope my family is not around when you do.... Seriously, this was a very poor idea and he should have been cited.

Lights, safety chains, what? Are you kidding?

What you don't like my trailer??

:profl:p

RealCavDog

The title of this thread was newbie with questions!!! now why be mad at the guy when there was no doubt about what would be in the thread?????

I would laugh at your comment, but it appears you are serious ?

If you can't see an attitude problem, well, your a happy lucky guy !

Gunboy was gracious and threw in a comment, and the new dill weed slammed on him ! And that was just to get started ! Wish I was as tolerant of D-Bags as that, but just can't do it !

steelandcanvas

Well heck Glen-Bob, you sure there's sumpin' wrong wif it? :roll:

Dirtygrunt

The guy got crap from the first person to reply. I know alot of good guys that have never been in the military but like the trucks and things this site is about. Most of them say they get on the site but dont post much due to the attitudes that are handed out around here. Anyway just felt like the op was getting pushed around, on to something else

KsM715

Thank you sir.....that was exactly what I was looking for

To the others that think I "bruise easily" or should of used the search function(which I did)your replies remind me of the women on my wifes weightwatchers forum that whine and cry about not using correct grammar and punctuation or heaven forbid using shorthand in posts

Again.... i asked the question when the search turned up nothing.....

If you had just left out the part in red, this thread probably would have ended there and you would have had your answer without any of this mess. New members using sarcasm or having an attitude WILL draw fire. Everytime.

91W350

I was never in the military, I asked dumb questions, still do, just my nature. I always enjoyed my time here. Great bunch of guys with an unreal amount of knowledge. Maybe 28 years of public service twists my mind closer to military standards? Maybe I was just not bright enough to know I was being picked on... maybe I should go back and look at some earlier replies to my threads, but then again, maybe not... 8)

RealCavDog

I was never in the military, I asked dumb questions, still do, just my nature. I always enjoyed my time here. Great bunch of guys with an unreal amount of knowledge. Maybe 28 years of public service twists my mind closer to military standards? Maybe I was just not bright enough to know I was being picked on... maybe I should go back and look at some earlier replies to my threads, but then again, maybe not... 8)

Now Glen, the true test would be to read back through, and if you did catch a little polite flack, or a bit of a hard time about something, how did you respond to it, and did you take a hint, or just bull right on in and step on it ? And how many times in such a short stretch !

I have met you, and think that anybody that has, knows the answer to that question ! Might be a wild read though to see what all has changed over time !

Sometimes things are exactly as they seem at first sight, I myself would like to be proven wrong, maybe just a bad day at the ranch in Kentucky today.

gunboy1656

I love how this thread went way off the deep end. From the sounds of the one post there needs to be a few more people to get some thicker skin.

When I joined the site, I knew how long it had been active and I went with the thought every question had been asked already and I would find it in time. Too many people can't seem to grasp that idea.

Truckoholic

I tend to go with the thought, that I know the question has probably been answered before, and the person asking it could probably find the answer if they searched, but it's no big deal for me to just quickly answer them in this thread as well. So that in the future when someone else comes along and DOES use the search feature, they actually get their question answered rather than just seeing a whole bunch of posts telling someone they need to use the search feature which is what I as a newby ran into way too much.

I know everyone gets tired of seeing the same questions, but the awesome thing about an internet forum is the amazing wealth of collective knowledge, and it is nice to have a bunch of knowledgeable people to ask questions without instantly being referred to the search, or the TM's. In fact, I bet you that the OP's sarcasm was actually based mainly on his observance of the kinds of replies other members had gotten in other threads.

Anyway, this is an awesome internet forum and resource of information, but I have found myself being extremely careful about what I post because I am a rather thin skinned individual and can't handle much more than a simple answer to my question. So I just avoid asking anything that could in any way shape or form draw criticism.

That's all:razz: