• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie with some M101A3 questions...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standard SOP for me anymore is an infrared heat gun. I can zap hubs and tires to see if anything nefarious is going on!

jbmilart

I might have found a used 16.5, 8 lug hummer rim for my M101A3 trailer (for a spare wheel)... for 75 bucks. I've been looking around the Internet and classifieds for awhile now... and these babies are going for around 100 to 125 dollars all day long. Is this a normal price? If you guys know of a 16.5, 8 lug rim for less than 75 bucks... please let me know. Or should I go ahead and pull the trigger and buy this rim now... or maybe wait for something better to come around? Just asking...

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
for the chains, I use a large 3/8 quick link as they are rated for 3000lb each. All I needed for my dodge durango was just a few inches and the quick link did the trick.

jbmilart

Just received my EUC clearance this morning! My first too... Whew... I'm glad that's over with! This was a true test of my patience at it's very best!

Made my pick-up appointment today to recover my trailer tomorrow morning at 0800... 09/25... from the Army Depot Yard in Tracy, California. It's about a 2-1/2 hour drive from my house in the mountains to the Tracy yard... so ... an "O" dark thirty departure for me... but... I'm thinking, I'm not going to sleep very well tonight anyway! I'll be sending you guys some photos of the trailer recovery...

Thanks for this great forum... for all your help and information... couldn't have done it without you guys!

Jim

Last edited:

jbmilart

Almost forgot about the time line...

Submission of EUC Pending .................... 08/22/2013

EUC revisions requested from customer... 09/05/2013

EUC sent to Battle Creek........................ 09/09/2013

Customer Notified.................................. 09/24/2013

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks