• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nhc250 fuel injector S-O-S !!

augiedoggy

Hello to all, my 72 M818 (w/nhc-250) is in need of one injector rebuild or replace. Easy enough, take it to our local diesel specialty shop, but they can't find any info for it. A quick call to the cummins guru,Will Wagner, and he tells me where to find the fuel pump #s to give repair shop, still no help.
Memphis has a new injector for it, but it seems a little pricey. My concern is, are these injectors interchangeable? I have seen the production pn change in the TM. I'm pretty sure i've got the later style. Will was describing flow codes ect. and you don't want to mix them up and wipe out a cylinder.
Oh, by the way, my symptoms are.......one cool cylinder and excessive blackish/white-ish/fuel stinky exhaust. other than that it runs great!

Here is the numbers I have:
INJECTOR # 178A 8-7-17

INJECTOR PUMP NUMBERS:
FC4144-G
DR12089484
STAMPED IN HOUSING:

Here is how I feel right now aua

Thanks for listening and I hope my newb-ness isn't showing

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any superceded number will work. Send me the numbers from the tag on the pump and the CPL on the engine data tag. Got an engine serial number?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The above will be just right. IIRC, that's the # I gave you. Don't understand why a fuel shop can't build a freekin' PT injector. They are simple if you have the stand :shock: These aren't rocket science!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its the same as the "parts store" counter guys Will. If it isn't in their book(computer), forget about it.

augiedoggy

the 'Guru'

Any superceded number will work. Send me the numbers from the tag on the pump and the CPL on the engine data tag. Got an engine serial number?
Hey Will the only numbers i could find are in my first post, I can't seem to find an engine tag on the block.

I'll be placing an order in the AM thanks for all your help!

i've just gone from aua to :jumpin:

dozer1

Glad I could help augiedoggy. I have been knee deep in the NHC250 for the past month or so, so I have done lots of parts searching. Good luck on the repair.[thumbzup]

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just glad you could get things going. It amazes me how lazy and or stupid repair places can be now days. People are hurting for business and when the business walks in the door, they are ignorant and run them off :???:

atvcat33

i tell you guy this..... the nhc small cams can take alot of beating, i have a ntc-400 turbo, jake brakes, ntc 400 inj. pt pump, kumotsu injecters out of a backhoe, fass fuel system, and i can beat most cars off the line, i can spin the 49s off the line, with enough smoke to block out the sun, now i have a pyro, boost gauge, and aftermarket water temp gauge. your truck no turbo no load get about 1200 to 1300 degrees EGT @ 2200 rpm, at least mine did stock, pulling 18,000 lbs it got to 15,000 going up hill in @ 2000 rpm, i actually let off, AS LONG AS YOU RUN A EGT GAUGE YOU WILL BE FINE, now with all the mods it doesnt get over 1000 degrees with a load, i also have ported ntc 420 injecters. im telling you the truck can take alot, its the trans in these trucks that are junk, i also get 34 lbs. of boost, right after i put the turbo on with no fuel mods i only got 10 psi, the duece stock puts out 20,

any big cam 855 parts will fit on MOST small cams

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks