• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nice high capacity winches, 24v!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this winch manufacturer, seems good and some very high capacity:
Might get one of them in the future

ToddJK

I found this winch manufacturer, seems good and some very high capacity:
Might get one of them in the future
Sometimes people will scoff at off brand winches, but most of them are pretty decent and do what they are designed to do. I got a Zeak brand 10k winch on my pick up and it's always worked when I needed it. Only thing I've noticed is that better quality or the name brand like Warn, tend to have better heat resistance, so the winch can run longer before overheating. I know for mine, it says no more than 30 seconds or I risk overheating the winch and causing permanent damage, while under load. Another thing, people will install these electric winches and never work them until they need it a year later and it doesn't work. Moisture still gets inside and causes corrosion. To maintain any electric winch for a long time, work it for about 5 mins once a week or every two weeks. The heat from the motor will evaporate any moisture inside, this can be done just by working the cable out and pulling it back in a few times or work it out and pull it back in while on another vehicle in neutral so it winds up tight on the drum.

If it seems like it's something you can use, by all means give it a shot!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes people will scoff at off brand winches, but most of them are pretty decent and do what they are designed to do. I got a Zeak brand 10k winch on my pick up and it's always worked when I needed it. Only thing I've noticed is that better quality or the name brand like Warn, tend to have better heat resistance, so the winch can run longer before overheating. I know for mine, it says no more than 30 seconds or I risk overheating the winch and causing permanent damage, while under load. Another thing, people will install these electric winches and never work them until they need it a year later and it doesn't work. Moisture still gets inside and causes corrosion. To maintain any electric winch for a long time, work it for about 5 mins once a week or every two weeks. The heat from the motor will evaporate any moisture inside, this can be done just by working the cable out and pulling it back in a few times or work it out and pull it back in while on another vehicle in neutral so it winds up tight on the drum.

If it seems like it's something you can use, by all means give it a shot!
Here's another link that might work
Above link doesn't work for me... (?)

Closest I could find to the 20K-winch mentioned is this one:
View attachment 883038
Here's another link that might work and it seems they specialize more in heavy duty industrial hoist and winches for factories and stuff but they do also make ones for vehicles

7bdiver

Anyone have any idea what winch is on the JLTV? Didnt come up with anything in a google search. Maybe someone might recognize it.

Its supposedly 18k lbs

Last edited:

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to have the same gear case and overall confirmation as the Harbor Freight 12,000's.

I have several of them, and they do have niggling problems:

1..The onboard control relay will fail prematurely.
2..The remote control switches will fail as well.
3..The drum brake can not hold back a load anywhere near what it will reliably pull.
4...The heavy power cables supplied are copper-plated aluminum and will get hot in a hurry under heavy load.

I keep them going with better golf-cart relays and remote switches. Knowing just when the drum will unwind under load really helps, so I'm used to it. They will undoubtedly pull really hard against a heavy load

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious why does the description in the link say "Sherpa and Warn winch, Warn, Badlands, Ramsey"?

7bdiver

I was going to buy one of those 25k stallion winches, but they keep raising their prices. IMO, they've priced themselves out of their competitive category.

I'd rather look for a worm drive winch with a much longer cable capacity now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks