• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Niehoff N3030 Regulator/ M1078/ doesn't have flashing light capacity

Reworked LMTV

Expedition Campers Limited, LLC
Supporting Vendor
Delco 28SI 24V 110 Amp 8600469 8600423 Quad Mount 8762

I got it from eBay. It's technically only 110a but test sheet goes to 130. Mine is the generic knockoff I believe. There's a price bump if you get the non knockoff version. Probably around $300. The OEM style unit has "Delco" name stamped into the black plastic cover on the back. I've seen this labeled with the Cummins label for as much $550. I've circled the cat # on the spec sheet in the 2nd photo.

this bolts into the 4-1/4"set of holes horizontally whereas the neihoff bracket uses the outer holes. Pulley lines up exactly.

this unit has remote voltage sense so I put that in too, fused line back to the batt +. I'm also driving a tach from the ac terminal.

with @Ronmar help, I was able to use the i terminal to drive the "charging system" warning light on the dash. Just needed a diode in line.

I'm at 28.00 volts while driving normally on my DMM meter. No change really unless the AIH is on. In March I tested the amperage and it was pulling 115 after a startup. That AIH is a hog.
View attachment 926189View attachment 926190View attachment 926191View attachment 926192
Thank you. Very helpful!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks