• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Air in Service Brake connection for trailer

JohnDeere

I noticed that when I removed the left gladhand cover, and opened the valve next to it, no air came out at all.

However the valve on the right side, on the line marked "emergency", releases air just fine when I crack it by hand.

Is there a secret valve somewhere I don't know about?

Srjeeper

Do it again and listen when you step on the brake pedal. You should only get air out the service side when the brake is applied. This is an air over hydraulic system not an all air system...[thumbzup]

JohnDeere

Thanks for the replies...Just got this truck 3 weeks ago.
I have aired up the tires using the right side, so I just fiqured air should come out the left side too.

quickfarms

It is the same

The emergency line removes the spring brakes, if so equipped, and fills the air tanks.

The service line applies the brakes by sending an air signal to the relay valve.

Srjeeper

Thanks for the replies...Just got this truck 3 weeks ago.
I have aired up the tires using the right side, so I just fiqured air should come out the left side too.
JD, always better to ask first then find out the hard way later. Here's a good site to get copies of the TM's FREE and other quality parts or info for your truck....

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/index.htm

When time & money allow, and ya feel the need to start pickin up Do-Dad's (that's RedNeck for Bling) always look to our sponsors first...then if you can't find it...aua,
there's others out there...[thumbzup]

Some simply better than others, so again, just ask..:doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks