• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no clicking with new glow plugs

kentuckycucv

Update October I did the 12v bypass and replaced my burnt up AC60s with new ones. The GP relay comes on with the turn of the key and stays on for ?? 20seconds or so. Then off. No Cycling. Just turns off. Now time to work on Control card? or is it due to the 12v bypass?

richingalveston

The AC60G's are self regulating with regard to temperature, not voltage. IF you do not do the bypass and you get a loose wire, it will cause an overvoltage and they will burn out. I have seen swollen AC60G's due to over voltage not overtemp.

The self regulating is in case your controler card leaves them on to long.
Nothing will protect a glow plug do to over voltage and any glow plug can swell due to over voltage.

natemccabe

I replaced my gps early last summer anong with the 12v bypass and a new st85 relay. All was well untill the cold here killed my batteries. Replaced with good grp 31s and now the wait light fails to come on. The relay thunks when I jump the top (input?) side of the relay with the next down smaller stud. Engine starts normally after that. I'm in the process of the trouble shooting section but my multimeter skills are week and it is currently -10 outside, not exactly good shade tree mechanic weather. I'm wondering if I blue out a fusable link or what? I pulled the controler card and am only getting 3v at the purple and white wire.