• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Garage, Need Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmh4x4

Even though I told my Progressive Agent from the start what this vehicle was, I sent pictures and told them about 13,000 lbs weight, I've had my policy for about two months now, ($180 for 6 months liability) and today they decided to cancel me becuase of the weight. I had personal pleasure vehicle insurance on the truck. The lady on the phone couldn't understand how the underwriter would have approved this :roll:.

They graciously gave me 15 days to find a new policy, hopefully the Gulfway Application I sent in two weeks ago gets approved quick. and for my inconvience they are going to be nice enough and refund a portion of my payment.

Its been said before, but if you don't have a comercial policy with the big guy insurance companies, you better make sure your covered, my policy declarations and exclusions made no mention of weight, only me calling Progressive directly got this out in the open.

jmh4x4

all said in done it took about 2 weeks from quote to insurance card when I went through gulfway, last month. I kept calling till I got a live person. They emailed me the applications, mailed them back with a check, pretty painless, even called to confirm I got the emailed insurance card.

littlebob

Got mine from state farm just a few hours ago. 285.00 for 6 months liability. Not exactly dirt cheap, but I didn't have any problems getting coverage.
My State Farm agent said commercial only a few years ago. I can't remeber how much, but I think it was twice as much. I think a little tort reform in LA would help lower the cost

Farmun

Hagerty just turned me down.:cry: I tried to be as honest as I could, as honesty is the best policy, but it didn't work out. My application indicated utiliy/off-road, as I plan to use it on the farm. But they said they only insure parade trucks, that are garage kept. Bummer!:cry:

Sevo

have a question for those with gulf way. I called them and they told me all they had was a policy that was for "parades, and exhibits" She said that is all they have for 35A2. Is this what you all have? I asked her if I could drive it for pleasure under that policy and she told me no. Actually she was kind of rude.

What are you guys telling them when you insure it.

am I telling her the wrong thing?

Any help or advise you have is appreciated.

Jinx

I just told them I needed to insure my M35A2 and that it had collector plates on it. Around here if you have collector plates, you aren't supposed to use it for job work anyways.

dfanders

5 ton for towing insurance

Gents,

I have read thru this post and it seems there are alot on ways to due this. Issue is, you don't know how good it is till you have to use it. here is what i have:
1957 M52 which will have historic plates. We are going to use it to pull a 10 ton tag trailer or a semi-trailer for transporting WW2 MV's ( halftrack, armoured cars, jeep) to events that the group (www.15threcce.org) are attending. he truck willonly be used to go to and from events, but it will always be pulling a trailer.
I get the feeling to have coveage when pulling a trailer you need commercial? We are in NJ.

Cheers,
David

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know he wants/needs collision coverage!:roll:

I have full coverage with Gulfway on one of my M35A2s, for $4000 total value(trucks value) coverage, and it's costing about $135/year.
Sounds like the kind of insurance I need. Who is the carrier??

Thanks for your help.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.