• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No keys? 915 recovery

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:oops:That's kinda long for you. Your tiny bladder gonna make it?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time is up. What happened?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just called and got a real update, straight from the horse lovers mouth.

Big surprise here, Gimp is running late!

More news to come...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Late? According to who? Gimpy operates in his own private time zone. The world may be early or late but Gimp is right on time every time.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a call and a pic.

One forward rear axle brake is smoking some. They have pulled off the highway and I just told Gimpy how to adjust the slack adjuster.

will update when I get more.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And they are back on the road.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why SWB is driving!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another call(this time from SWB). They got into traffic about 30 miles out from their destination and it is smoking again.

I asked if they had any caging bolts and a light clicked in Steve's head, and out to cage that one can he went.

They should be done soon.

Great new avatar Kenny. Sure miss David.:beer:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe or, sticking control valve.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The bolts were on the chamber. Its still smoking(caged)! Rich, make sure you come in a week before we plan on driving it anywhere. Sumtin must be busted in there! I wonder what that crackling noise was when SWB shot it with the garden hose. I told him i thought that was a bad idear, but...

OHH! a BIG thank you to SWB for helping with this recovery. He knew he would be working with me, and went anyway! Good troop there.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, what fun. I really wanted one of those trucks driving through downtown Columbus Ohio clear up until we got on I70W. I70 through Columbus requires a M916 with an air-ride seat just to get through the potholes. 10 miles later I'm pretty sure I lost a kidney.

Both of us have been under the truck and you should have seen Gimp when it bled off a little air. I now know a lot more about air brakes than I did before and it's a good thing we had phone numbers. As soon as DH said something about the cage bolt, DOH!, I had read where they put them on the pot for safe keeping.

I'm sure someone will post pics other than me getting ready to pull out of the GL lot in the truck.

I'm glad I went and I can't imagine doing a recovery with anyone other than one of my Brother's or Gimpy.

Now I wonder when our little buddy is going to get his truck out of here.

:)

Last edited:

jw4x4

Who is the next scheduled driver? I heard there is quite a long waiting list. I guess I don't need to drive it. On the Marengo trip, I realized the seat was woefully inadequate. I bought a pair of humvee seats. The driver side cam with a base, but its not a springer. (has a spring, but only helps on height adjustment). I am in the process of making the humvee seat fit the original springer base on the 932.