• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No longer stuck in river by grand island nebraska

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Being that it is was a bobber, you could have left it, or could have gotten a cucv to stuff under for more traction, if that idea did not work, you would only have a cucv and bobber in the river anyway. Just trying to help with ideas for the next time

jsthnt@gmail.com

Did you stop your truck or stall out or what? What was the initial cause? It seems deep and thick but I would think if you kept moving you would be okay.
Coming of the pavement I had to break hard, and i don't know if on of the breaks locked a little or what the deal was but when I got in the sand it seemed like it was bogging a little. I hit a soft spot a when i backed out of that there was a few feet deep hole. I wanted to cross this little channel and back out. I hit the bottome and it felt like the front end was just pushing sand. I then put it in reverse real quick and that little pause was all it took for the front end to drop in the current.
I dropped the air just in case the brake had locked to let them release. I was close enough for the back to be out of the water that Mindy's brother did not have to get his feet wet. I think that at that time we could have pulled it out with Mindy's F-150. The sand getting down there was realy loose. so we did not try.
Mindy wanted to try and drive it out and going back did nothing. But going forward she could just churn forward and I thought that it would chew its way out. But right before it was going to pull its way out onto the sandbar and it just dug down. That is when we rucruted help to dig out.
Everything that we did just made it go deeper. The only thing we did right was to dam up the chanel that we were sitting in so the current was not driving them down.

jsthnt@gmail.com

Those tires sure can dig a hole fast. We stuffed boards and rocks under nothing helped.
The worst part is there was a Zombie themed 3 gun shoot this weekend. The guys from Red jacket (son's of guns) are suppose to be there. I thought it would be cool to get there picture with General Granite. That is not going to happen at least today.
I got anouther mushroom so that nothing would happen to the one from the show. but as you can see I put the one from the show back on to go to the shoot.

NoLeftTurns

I felt as though there had to be a little work involved in getting her stuck. The brakes would send you down pretty quick if they locked up. Glad to hear you got it taken care of! Exciting post!

HanksDeuce

[Grammar Lesson #156]
break
= to smash, split, or divide into parts violently; reduce to pieces or fragments
brake = a device for slowing or stopping a vehicle or other moving mechanism by the absorption or transfer of the energy of momentum, usually by means of friction.
[/Grammar Lesson #156]

I'm glad you got General Granite unstuck. Now do it again and post more videos!

:driver:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have some wheel bearing work now along with draining the axles.

:)

6x6guy

Rule # 1 Never go mudding with just 1 vehicle, always invite a friend or 2.

Rule #2 See Rule #1 - and make sure your friend has a winch.

jsthnt@gmail.com

It was time to do the bearing anyway. I still need to get the socket. What is the number for the seals. Once it went done I new that I would have to change the fluids. If I had not gotten stuck they would not have even gotten wet.

ODdave

Being that it is was a bobber, you could have left it, or could have gotten a cucv to stuff under for more traction, if that idea did not work, you would only have a cucv and bobber in the river anyway. Just trying to help with ideas for the next time

Or you could ask Ron to borrow his wrecker to get it out.2cents

Diecorpse

I know this thread is a little old, buf if you decide to go in the river again, let me know. I should have my duece up and going again in a few weeks if not sooner, cause I would go with ya. I a few min maintance roads but they're only a challenge for little toys. My woman told me we need to go do some muddin. Anytime your up I'm up!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuces used in soft terrain (bobbed or not) need an aft counterweight. That will greatly help balance the trucks which are extremely nose heavy. A chunk jersey barricaded afixed to the very back end of the bed works good.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp and I once tried to toss a deer in the bed of a 2.5 ton truck for ballast. Couldn't do it though...

Wish I had that on video.

3dAngus

Deuces used in soft terrain (bobbed or not) need an aft counterweight. That will greatly help balance the trucks which are extremely nose heavy. A chunk jersey barricaded afixed to the very back end of the bed works good.

That's a really good idea Kenny. I bought these weights, some people call them suitcases, off an auction and didn't know what to do with all of them. They are less then 30" but weigh in at 140 pounds. I've seen some like this on tractors to hold them down when plowing. If I could only figure out how to mount them on the rear end of my Bobber, I would paint them green. They just slide right on and off, but I need a welder for this one. Six of them should add some decent weight to that light rear end.

Attachments

Artisan

I have in my sights a palletized water tank (tote) that will do well to add weigh to the rear and double as some water storage too. If you need it moved just dump the water and move it. 275 gallons + tank is about 2300 pounds. I see some sand haters. Best to AIR DOWN 'a lot' before you hit the sand. Once you learn how NOT to stop while aiming UP HILL and again, to know how to AIR DOWN, you will be very surprised at what you can do. Being a veteran of Glamis sand dunes you learn a thing or two. Pallet_Liquid_Containers_photo1.jpg

Ford Mechanic

I have in my sights a palletized water tank (tote) that will do well to add weigh to the rear and double as some water storage too. If you need it moved just dump the water and move it. 275 gallons + tank is about 2300 pounds. I see some sand haters. Best to AIR DOWN 'a lot' before you hit the sand. Once you learn how NOT to stop while aiming UP HILL and again, to know how to AIR DOWN, you will be very surprised at what you can do. Being a veteran of Glamis sand dunes you learn a thing or two. View attachment 436939

Looking for any good pointers for sand riding in a M35! Mine missed our first trip to the beach this year but our next one is fast approaching! Been riding on the beach for almost 10 years now but never in a M35. The heavyest thing I've drove out there is our 2500 Ram, it did real well as I'm always real cautious and air down before hand with no horsin' around and always in 4x4, so I've never been stuck. Is this going to be alot harder than the Ram to drive on the soft sand at the beach? My M35 has the 395 tires

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks