• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Need to EVER use a title service!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be aware that VT will charge you big bucks for a M37 as they assume that it is in great condition and will go by the NADA Antique pricing guide for the taxes. It should have cost around $65 for an antique tag, but ended up costing close to $300. I still have to pay about $80 for my Oklahoma title.

AlxJ64

Doesnt really matter. Just want a title. Does anyone have the blank forms they can email me? The links say page missing. Can you email them to alxj64 at yahoo dot com? Thanks! You guys are awesome!

Bill in VA

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'll confess my post is in bad need of updating. I manged to get a VA title with surprisingly little effort, by passing both Vermont as well as any titleing services. (Had I known how easy it was going to be I'd've done even some of that differently.)
Unimog Guy: PM inbound

hmsgoodhope

Would love to know your secret - I have tried several times to get my M1009 (1985) titled in VA.

I went the VT route and have plates and registration so I can drive but have had no luck finding a way to get a title - what is your secret? My local DMV and Richmond practically accused me of committing all sorts of crimes when I tried to go in (or call) and talk with them. I bought vehicle from individual that bought form GL (without buying the title (as they should have) and have bill of sale from them that I used to get plates and register in VT. Any hints, suggestions, how to work with VA DMV - or anyone else so I can get title and get VA plates?

MarcusOReallyus

Well, since that last post was more than two years ago, and since Bill in VA hasn't posted in more than two years (his last post was 03-19-2012), I suspect he's not going to share his secret with you. :D

Wish I could help. Have you tried contacting GL to see if they can still do a title for you?

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would love to know your secret - I have tried several times to get my M1009 (1985) titled in VA.

I went the VT route and have plates and registration so I can drive but have had no luck finding a way to get a title - what is your secret? My local DMV and Richmond practically accused me of committing all sorts of crimes when I tried to go in (or call) and talk with them. I bought vehicle from individual that bought form GL (without buying the title (as they should have) and have bill of sale from them that I used to get plates and register in VT. Any hints, suggestions, how to work with VA DMV - or anyone else so I can get title and get VA plates?

Hi you still have that M1009? How is the M1008 holding up?

the short story is: Since VT is a "non-title" state you should be able to register your truck in VA, MD ect. with your registration card and proof of ins. and apply for a title in VA since VA is a title state. I did this a few years ago but I don't see why VA would not honor VT reg. Give me a call if you want to discuss.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I may have found the issue...did you list your VA address on the VT Reg.? If so then VA may be looking at that address and it's raising red flags. See the link below and read the instructions for "out of state title"

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/#titling.html

I would not worry about it as you are legal now and can use the truck as you please. If you go to sell just provide a BOS and the VT reg. signed over to the new owner.

David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks