• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No rear drive

Jake0147

Driving home in four wheel drive with something in the transfer case broken may well not make a lot of noise. All the parts no longer driven by the engien would still be driven by the wheels, yielding very little relative motion. Some serious damage (broken shafts...) would in fact be very quiet, relatively speaking, till the now over and miss loaded bearings give out and stuff starts whacking into other stuff at high speeds.

I'm very cuirous as well, if and when the autopsy is conducted.

A

A/C Cages

You can claim that you have the only front wheel drive deuce now.
This will at least give you and the guys here something to laugh about while fixing it. lol
Its one of those things you have to laugh at or it will just tick you off.

Cleptomaniac

Well the good news is it is fixed!! The funny pare is that i have a guy who works for me and so we will just call him B For Soldier B.
Any way he was helping me diagnose the truck and we checked everything!! I was under the truck hollering hot instructions....
Well after it was all said and done and we decided that it was something for anouther day I came in and was reading what you all were posting. Couple days later I went out to make a Video to post on here i realised that B had the transfer case in neutral the whole time!!!! So a few hours later i had a new axle shaft in and was crusing around!!! All's well that ends well! Thanks to every one for all your help!!

-Danny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks