• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start

How should voltage be applied to the small plug of the solenoid when there is no voltage applied to the ignition switch ?
For me the question is : Why does voltage come to the fusebox but not to the other side ?

Why do I have no voltage on the ignition switch , blower motor , wiper s ...

After I loosenedthe large connector on the bulkhead and screwed it back on , I had everything working normally for a short time .

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You answered your own question re visit the bulkhead connector and be more thorough and look closely for possible causes. Maybe you missed something.
Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also inside that bulkhead connector there are several buss strips that feed different parts of each fuse, possible cause of issue

Also inside that bulkhead connector there are several buss strips that feed different parts of each fuse, possible cause of issue

I spend 2 hours cleaning and checking the connector .... but i noticed , that the 6 - legged Bus Bar Ground near the PB is without connection .
I mean , no cable is on it , 6 slots are empty .
The previous owner obviously rewired the Blazer and moved the Grounds somewhere else ...

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spend 2 hours cleaning and checking the connector .... but i noticed , that the 6 - legged Bus Bar Ground near the PB is without connection .
I mean , no cable is on it , 6 slots are empty .
The previous owner obviously rewired the Blazer and moved the Grounds somewhere else ...

....... I think it's time to take a few photos and show them.
....... nobody gets any further here

If you had, or made, a remote starter switch you could test it while it is on the vehicle.
I had bridged the two plus cabels of the ignition switch with a 12V from the bulkhead block . Then the starter moved , but the rest remained darg , including the glow circuit .

Where does the voltage come from to the ignition switch ? From the fusebox oe from the starter ?

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has your truck been converter to 12 volt?

The ignition switch receives power from the fuseblock. When you turn to START it sends power to the starter relay under the dash. The relay then sends power (24 volts on stock trucks) to the starter solenoid.

Has your truck been converter to 12 volt?

The ignition switch receives power from the fuseblock. When you turn to START it sends power to the starter relay under the dash. The relay then sends power (24 volts on stock trucks) to the starter solenoid.
Thank you . The Chevy is comletely in its original condition .
The big connector outside fuseblok only has three PINs that carry voltage , right ? 2x 12V , 1x 24V

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fusible link on the fire wall that feeds the 12 V supply?

Yiieeeehaw , she runs ! It was one of these fusible links , on the left side , lying on the valve cover . Not burned from the outside , but completely oxidized at the junction between cable and fuse . From the outside not to be recognized and temperatur dependend ( Valve cover ) , malignant .
Thank you guys , also for the patience !

Yiieeeehaw , she runs ! It was one of these fusible links , on the left side , lying on the valve cover . Not burned from the outside , but completely oxidized at the junction between cable and fuse . From the outside not to be recognized and temperatur dependend ( Valve cover ) , malignant .
Thank you guys , also for the patience !

Attachments