• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No time...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ken, that first link you gave me to try, had a power steering trouble shooting section in it. I am printing up the 350 page manual now. :)
Dave, I am getting some basics working first, then I will play with the crane section. More pics will follow.

Todd Haley

Jeff, I'll be over at your place Friday even if I have to Saddle one of these Horses and ride there!
Hey Gimpy, Think we can use that Wrecker to fix the roof on my Barn? We can put the Hook on Jeff's belt and Hoist him up there! :shock: :D
Oh, by the way...I'm gettin a Duece,I'm gettin a Duece, I'm gettin a Duece........ :D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a DEAL! Maybe we should call you Lucky Robb instead of Gimpyrobb! [thumbzup] And Jeff, you should be pretty happy as well! Also, Todd! It's like you guys scored an MV Trifecta! (Three MV Nuts Score in one deal) :jumpin:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man what a steal, very glad it went to deserving fellows llike yourself. keep us posted on the fixing up and send pics Tim

gimpyrobb

O.K. gang, the starter rebuild went well. I got it to turn over a couple times before the batterys only gave me a clicking noise. Jeff, you were right about the front drive shaft needing to come loose to get it out. I also took some time to take off the caps on the Oxy/Act tanks. When I cracked the valves, gas came out. I didn't have time to put on regulators to see how much pressure there was, but they sounded healthy. Hope to have her fired up tomorrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the tanks are original, you might be able to sell them if you wanted to. Original wrecker torch tanks aren't that popular.

gimpyrobb

If the tanks are rare as hens teeth I might. I like the look of them up there and have been waiting to get some(tanks in general). I have had torch heads, hoses, and regulators for some time now, but never pulled the trigger on tanks and gas. I will probably just use these till they are empty and then see how much recertification is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks