• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-Dropside + little $ = Dropside

Tlauden

Reading the tittle I thought somehow u converted ur non drop to a dropside and... Well... Nevermind lol

ANYWAYS... That's pretty cool. It looks way more handy then the standard deuce bed

A

A/C Cages

Grant is installing a drop side onto my bobber he is building for me. It will come in handy.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I will also be converting mine in the near future. And my tires will be swapped to the same type as on the A3 trucks.

I hope mine will looks as good as you truck does overall.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Those of you who have little or no experiance with the dropsides, don't load them with loose material like rock or dirt or with anything that will push on the sides, with the tail gate down, you will catch h3ll trying to get the latches in due to bed side flex.

Last edited:

randini

Ok, I am new to this but, what is the advanatge of a Dropside? I would bet there are some dis-adavantages also, Right? Can someone help?

A

A/C Cages

Ever try to load 6 pallets of sod onto a truck without dropsides? You would have to slide them up, and then push the next 2 pallets with the last load.
You can load 3 per side with a drop side with ease.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've only used my dropside once in three years. BUT, better to have it and not need it, than to need it, and not have it. :beer:

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a love/hate relationship with my dropside. They are nice when you need them but a pain in the rear when you don't.

randini

Great, something else to feel inferior about.. Drop-side envy!!...LOL What is the down side of a drop-side, why a love-hate relationship?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will also be converting mine in the near future. And my tires will be swapped to the same type as on the A3 trucks.

I hope mine will looks as good as you truck does overall.
Rattletraps. I have one, don't care for it. I'm going to switch mine out too. Unfortunatly there will be no tire upgrades in my future.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Takes longer and is harder to latch tail gate, bed sides flex alot.
:ditto:

I hate opening and shuting the tailgate. I love not having to side pallets in from the rear. Hence the love/hate.

Most dropsides are missing the troop seat braces. Without the braces, it is almost impossible to close the tailgate with people sitting in the seats. It's also dangerous because the sides can drop with the people in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks