• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob question, part ID

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Na that's the relay we are talking about. NAPA has it as a GPR100, not 109. They told me the 109 was for a ford.

I will have to get back to you on the part number if it is indeed on the relay.
NAPA isn't going to know what a CUCV is. While it shares a LOT of GM off the shelf parts. It also has a wiring and electrical system that is one off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets get something straight, saying a relay is for a ford(or whatever) is no way to identify a relay.

The critical fact is, in a CUCV the GP relay must have no continuity between the body(it's mount) and any of the 4 terminals. The two small terminals must be either end of the relay coil.

There are a few other less important factors that play into this as well.

So, I have no idea what a gpr100 is, but I know that many members have purchased the GPR109 and st85 relay and it works (correct design).

edit, I looked at the napa site at a gpr100, and it has rubber mounts. This suggests to me that it may not be isolated. That would mean it is not correct for a cucv system.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow!! Four Moderators and the site admin have replied to this thread. Maybe they know something about CUCV electrical systems.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You still have not clearly confirmed that you are using the knife to connect the 2 small terminals together.

Also, some basic meter testing and we can determine if you have a compatible and functioning gp relay. (also in the -20)

Also, when this started about a year ago, had you changed any parts prior to this issue?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks