• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Georga Military Vehicle Show May 7, 2011

1983M35A2

convoy

For those that want to join the convoy from Hiawassee, we're going to line up in the Ingles parking lot at 0800. The Ingles is right in the middle of town - easy to find. I believe we have three deuces, with a possibility of a fourth. I'll be towing my M149A2. Anyone wanting to join the convoy is welcome. Send me a PM for cell numbers, etc.
have u heard of anymore vics comeing to show .

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't heard from anyone. Too bad, there are a lot of MVs in North Georgia and the bigger the convoy, the better. But, I think there will be a very large turnout at the show.

1983M35A2

thanks to every one who came to the show it was great. the CONVOY was great.special thanks to glaines, brother jimma ,sterlun, squirttruck,it was nice to meeting all these ss members they are a asset to steel soldiers.[thumbzup]

Jimma

Hey guys we had a great day at the North Georgia Get Together. 1983M35A2 and all the folks at the show that run the surplus store are really cool. If you need something shoot them an email or pm. Especially when it comes to clothing, boots, hats and surplus uniforms and gear. I encourage anyone who can to go to the next event they host. It can only get better and better with more participation and guys showing up with trucks. Also they gave trophies and ribbons to truck owners. (I got second place)!!!! The winner was squirt-Truck and he deserves it with his premo truck.

sterlun

The event was great. We had a good time and met some cool folks. I really enjoyed being able to put faces with the avatars. I met 1983M35A2, jimma, squirt truck, oddshot, glcaines, and probably some more that I just did't get to ask about.

I think it would be great if we had had demos of the mules particularly. I think the public would have gotten a lot more excited about them being there if they could see them in action. Just a suggestion. But overall the show was great. Thanks for putting it on and inviting us to be a part of it.[thumbzup]

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also they gave trophies and ribbons to truck owners. (I got second place)!!!! The winner was squirt-Truck and he deserves it with his premo truck.
Ditto on the show. We had a great time! Some really nice vehicles. I especially enjoyed the machine shop. What a find! I am extremely envious. I didn't get a picture of squirt-truck with his really nice 5-ton, but I did get a picture of Jimma with his Deuce and his 2nd place tropny. I only got a 3rd place ribbon - too much good competition! I hope we can double the number of vehicles next year. The people that didn't come missed a great show.

Attachments

Last edited:

1983M35A2

show

Ditto on the show. We had a great time! Some really nice vehicles. I especially enjoyed the machine shop. What a find! I am extremely envious. I didn't get a picture of squirt-truck with his really nice 5-ton, but I did get a picture of Jimma with his Deuce and his 2nd place tropny. I only got a 3rd place ribbon - too much good competition! I hope we can double the number of vehicles next year. The people that didn't come missed a great show.
i got pictures for u an all the other ss members.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great get together. Sorry I had to leave, Dumpster wend down hard with an engine problem and fellow SS recovery was urgent.

I fully support having demos of equipment, mules, trucks, winching etc. COUNT ME IN.

Lastly, I really appreciate the kind words about Squirt, the trophy is GREAT, but that is not why we were there, we were there because of a gracious host (1983M35A2) and good company. Looking forward to next year.

Squirt-Truck

3dAngus

More pictures please. Nothing will help increase next years show like pictures from this year. You know how we all enjoy our pics. And congrats to all who made it this year. I hope to make it next year, provided I have my MV by then. I just keep buying all this other green stuff. I'm definitely addicted, and had to install steel girders all across the centerline of my new garage, supported by 4 steel post to hold all my green stuff up above. Wood just wouldn't do it. Just finished the garage at the end of April. Now I can work on space for my deuce!!! Here's my new green stuff garage...
(Yeah, I'm proud of it)

Attachments

1983M35A2

To the members of Steel Soldiers that was at the show if u want a DVD of the show Please PM me ur address along with ur name and i will get u one in the mall withen the next 2wks we have up to 500 pictures of the show thank u all for coming

1983M35A2

Great get together. Sorry I had to leave, Dumpster wend down hard with an engine problem and fellow SS recovery was urgent.

I fully support having demos of equipment, mules, trucks, winching etc. COUNT ME IN.

Lastly, I really appreciate the kind words about Squirt, the trophy is GREAT, but that is not why we were there, we were there because of a gracious host (1983M35A2) and good company. Looking forward to next year.

Squirt-Truck
tell dumpster i am sorry that happen to him.