• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NORTHEAST RALLY: PA, NY, NJ, CT, DE, MD, VA

red devils dude

I only put out the August date because there's no rallys around that time so we should get more attendance and
with all the rallys in may it'll proabley take that long for our trucks to fully recover.

No.2Diesel

Hey Gang,

It looks like the Calendar is filling up fast with large club rides and events at Rausch Creek. The first weekend in August looks crowded. September and October are still open at this point. I am voting for Columbus Day weekend myself. Remember to vote by next Wednesday the 14th!!

I have been reading threads on their website and they are making an effort to widen many of their trails to accomodate fullsize trucks. I wonder how Chris's new 5Ton will do in the woods. :wink:

Timberwolf

Any idea on the date ?

if im not too late to vote, i'd rather that 1st weekend in October. cause i cant make the one in august.

if so, i will be there in my deuce, with my duece axled 4 seater rock buggy in tow (for rides on the crazy rock lines they have)

No.2Diesel

I apologize for the delay. Thank you for your patience. If you visit www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org and look at the calender, you will see that is official. The rally will be held the first weekend in October (Fri 4,Sat 5, Sun 6.) Some may have off that Monday and may want to use it as a travel day etc. I put us in for Friday, though I realize that not everyone will be able to take off from werk. Here are some important details about the park. For further info check the site's FAQ:

The 4x4 park is 1,700 acres total and is made up of three adjoining parcels. There is mud, rocks, water, quarry, glacial deposit boulder field, etc. Easy, intermediate, and Hard trails exist. You will not have to worry about running over or competing with MXrs or ATVs as they are segregated in another park. Just trucks. The buddy system (2 vehicles) is mandatory on the trails at all times. No silly boinger flags are necessary but there will be a sticker and a wristband. Alcohol is permitted :beer: but only after your done wheeling for the day.

Prices:

All first time drivers and passengers must purchase a $10 membership that is good for one year. Each vehicle and driver is $30 a day and each passenger is $5. A two-day pass can be purchased for $50 (save $10.) Camping is included. Persons camping must check out by 10AM the next day before being charged for another day. Trails close at dusk. Quit hours for campers are 11PM-7AM.

If you would like to attend, PM me any time from now until October so that I may have an official vehicle count. Also let me know how many passengers you will have so that we can calculate food.

The rally might also be a good place to buy, sell, or trade parts between members.

Swede

Ok, well start this off right. I'm the new MV nut in the group so HI. And seeing that this trip is going to be like an hr. from my house, I dont think I can refuse, nor deny this trip. Now is there anyone coming up through York for any reason, I wouldnt mind joining up so I'm not the only slow poke going up the Highway.
I just invested in the CUCV, I think the 1028 dont quote me still learning. Now what would top this off, is to add Military guns, well to be truth full I just like another reason to Load the truck up go camping, shooting is just a plus. Give me a cpl days but I am 80% sure that I'm in. Gotta make sure I'm not out of town for work. The misses can suffer.LOL that was mean. Thanks for putting up with my ramble.

Timberwolf

Yoe is about 20 min from me.
I will be coming up thru GlenRock and out onto 83 there in Loganville to avoid the steep on ramp at the GlenRock exit.

Shoot me a PM or Email with your phone number.
Also... i have a garage big enuf to work on my deuce in, if you need to do work on your stuff ahead of time, let me know.

My email is Rocktimberwolf@gmail.com

-A.J.

surpdlr

Swede said:
Ok, well start this off right. I'm the new MV nut in the group so HI. And seeing that this trip is going to be like an hr. from my house, I dont think I can refuse, nor deny this trip. Now is there anyone coming up through York for any reason, I wouldnt mind joining up so I'm not the only slow poke going up the Highway.
I just invested in the CUCV, I think the 1028 dont quote me still learning. Now what would top this off, is to add Military guns, well to be truth full I just like another reason to Load the truck up go camping, shooting is just a plus. Give me a cpl days but I am 80% sure that I'm in. Gotta make sure I'm not out of town for work. The misses can suffer.LOL that was mean. Thanks for putting up with my ramble.
If you need any parts, I (Front Line Military Vehicles) am in Craley.....

ONTOS66

Sounds great! So far it will be me and my CUCV. Not sure how many days I can squeeze - I know that NJ DOT has me scheduled for a mandatory 12 hour fun day dealing with morons (aka motorists) on Monday the 8th. I'll probably be there on Saturday and Sunday to relax and get ready for Monday. :)
Camping overnight naturally!

No.2Diesel

Outstanding! It appears that interest in this event is growing. I know its six months away at this point, but time catches up to you. Get started now on that list of things to be done on your Deuce etc. I have a crap load of stuff to do myself.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done." - don't know who said that

Oh I forgot. I would like to address the issue of the primitive camping situation at Rausch Creek. There are porta crappers on site but thats pretty much it. I don't believe there is a water source (spigot) at all. I will ask today. Otherwise all water for drinking, cooking, cleaning will have to be trucked in in personal bladders, tanks. 5-8gal. per person for the weekend shouldn't be too bad. Any ideas let me know.

Timberwolf

Lynn @ RC is very AWESOME to deal with,
if we need anything out of the ordinary to make our stay better, let me know, and i'll talk to her next time i see her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks