• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northern New York Bobbed Deuce

Bigdog123

Got my duece bobbed by Bigler Boyz in Clearfield PA. Great bunch of guys and easy to work with. The Duce is so much better now that it is bobbed. I was on the fence of doing the bob or not but really glad I did.deucedone.jpg

deuce2done.jpg

Boatcarpenter

You say your Duce [sic] is better now that it is bobbed. Better than what? Certainly not better than before you bobbed it because it really isn't a Deuce anymore. Not even a fair comparison. Apples to oranges.
BC

Bigdog123

Boat carpenter,
I respectfully disagree with you. For me bobbing it has improved it's drivability it is easier to drive in tight situations, easier to park, and with the 395's it will easily drive at 60mph with no problem. With the diet of losing all that extra weight it has a lot more power and new energy. It might not be the choice for everyone but for me was the best choice.

Bigdog123

Boat carpenter,
I respectfully disagree with you. For me bobbing it has improved it's drivability it is easier to drive in tight situations, easier to park, and with the 395's it will easily drive at 60mph with no problem. With the diet of losing all that extra weight it has a lot more power and new energy. It might not be the choice for everyone but for me was the best choice.

Bigdog123

Ripcord,
Actually that's the paint that was on the truck. I plan to repaint her in the summer. At close look this old guard truck has been repainted with a paint brush and not a good paint job some places it is flaking off in chunks. Lol. It's my truck and I like her

Boatcarpenter

Bigdog123,
I didn't say your new truck doesn't have better driveability, etc. All I said was that you did not make improvements to a Deuce as we all know it. You pretty much made a different truck that does all those things that appeal to you better than a stock unmolested Deuce.
A stock Deuce and your new truck are really two different vehicles.
Also, in no way am I disrespecting your choice to do what you did.
BC

Bigdog123

Boat carpenter,
I never thought there was disrespect in your reply. I never took it that way. I struggled for a long time of bobb or not to bobb. I know wht you are saying about being a purest or modify to suit your needs. This just works for me.

Bigdog123

Boat carpenter,
I never thought there was disrespect in your reply. I never took it that way. I struggled for a long time of bobb or not to bobb. I know wht you are saying about being a purest or modify to suit your needs. This just works for me.

hdmax

I'd say a bobbed M35 is as close to or closer to a deuce than an stock M35.
You start with a Deuce and a half, remove 2,000+# (My truck lost closer to 2,400# and that was with bigger tires!) and it becomes a deuce or near one. A stock one is NOT a deuce, even though that is what most of us call them. They are a 2 1/2 ton, not a 2 ton.

Bobbing an M35 is just bringing the prototype 1955 XM381 truck to life.

I wish I had a M35A2 un-modded, and the Bobbed deuce I own, than I would have the best of both.

You say your Duce [sic] is better now that it is bobbed. Better than what? Certainly not better than before you bobbed it because it really isn't a Deuce anymore. Not even a fair comparison. Apples to oranges.
BC

197thhhc

BC
Boy, what a buzzkill. If you dont like them bobbed, dont surf the modified section.

hdmax

I disagree with that, and always have. If there were not two sides to every story, it would not be a story. Opinions are like A-holes, just about everybody has one.
I am not saying that we should go out of our way to cause trouble, but anything posted regardless of what section is open to debate. And it is pretty difficult to have a one sided debate.

Remember in school when the teacher said "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all"
That rule still applies.

ACBMWM#

I disagree with that, and always have. If there were not two sides to every story, it would not be a story. Opinions are like A-holes, just about everybody has one.
I am not saying that we should go out of our way to cause trouble, but anything posted regardless of what section is open to debate. And it is pretty difficult to have a one sided debate.
agreed, I have just seen a lot of the "bobbing is a waste of a truck" posts and it just has gotten tiring. Everyone likes different things and not saying that you said anything like this at all, but I just don't think its fair to anyone to tell them their pride and joy is now a pile of junk. It just makes my blood boil! didn't;t mean to take it out on you though.:grin:

Boatcarpenter

You people are grossly misreading my post and making a lot of incorrect assumptions from what I said. I never said I didn't like bobbed Deuces, I never said "bobbing is a waste of a truck" and I never said his new truck "is now a pile of junk".
I merely said that his new truck is so far from what it started out as that comparing the two is not a fair comparison. Apples to oranges again.
And, for the record, I have seen many pictures of bobbed Deuces on this forum that I thought were very nicely done and looked very sharp. And, if I came across the right bone of a Deuce, I might consider doing one for myself.
BC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks