• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS Water Fording Kit

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I guess he didn't want to participate in our forum. Oh well! Remember what happened to the poor guy who stole CARNAC's lights? Just saying....................................

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I guess he didn't want to participate in our forum. Oh well! Remember what happened to the poor guy who stole CARNAC's lights? Just saying....................................
No I never heard this story - what happened?

oldMan99

This thread got a lot better on page four. Some things improve with age..
Gee and all without mention of Harry Potter, imagine that.....

DH: If you have lived in the same place for more than a week, your neighbors no longer wonder about you.... They Know.... I'm just glad whoever took the picture was not taller to have gotten a "Better" angle on you.... Some things can just not be "Un-seen" once you have seen them...

oldMan99

So... On a more serious note, I was wondering...

I did read in this thread mention of the member that made his own kit, I have not searched yet to find it to see how much discussion of the theory and application there was and if it covers any other models other than the one he was working on.... yet.) My "Search Foo" sucks and I usually end up with nothing or 50+ threads... Sigh

I have home brewed fording kits for civilian jeeps and pick-ups before but is there any place here on SS with a legitimate discussion of the various components of the real kit and covering the various models, (Multifuel, 5 ton, M920) what needs to be done other than intake/exhaust, why, how and so forth? Do/did "They" make OEM fording kits for all/most MVs?

In the jeeps I always removed the axle vent from the axle and ran it up to the top of the roll cage, never thought of applying positive pressure. I assume the pressure is no more than a couple PSI? On what models did they do this? What models is it needed/a good idea? Where do they get the pressure from for this?

Would it be worth starting a legitimate thread to discuss this?

I would like the provision on my vehicle, "Just in case". (I mean you never know when you may be really glad you have it) OEM would be nice but lacking availability of that a nice home brew kit that is 100% functional for my needs anyway would be just as... functional...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if there is someone who legitamently wants it by telling them you plan on snipping them you are running the price up. :drool:
I legitamently want one. Bidding early and bidding late (sniping)) are just different methods of eBay bidding. I have a number in my head that I'm willing to bid and a time that I'm ready to announce that (by the act of bidding).

Anyone else in the world with access to eBay should also bid the max they wish at the time they wish. When the dust settles, the person who put in the largest bid before the offical close of the auction wins. I can not spend more than I want because I have already decided how much I'm willing to pay. I refuse to get into a bidding war and get eBay must have it fever. I also refuse to put my bid in one second before I feel like it - be it 5 days before the auction ends or 5 seconds. The price won't be driven up because people know I'm interested - any fool who understands how rare the kit is knows others are interested and should bid what they want to pay. I hate to hear people complain that they put in a lowball bid 5 days before an auction ended and then got outbid with XX to go. The problem is you did not bid high enough. The guy who bid with XX to go wanted it more and showed he wanted it more by bidding higher.

All that being said, I'm guessing it might go higher than my preplanned max bid before I'm ready to put it in anyway. Who knows. They guy who bids the highest before the auction is over is gonna win it.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do NOT post your Ebay bidding, in the forums.

Darwin T

sorry doghead and everyone else :oops:, i just get cranky when some talks to me like a child. i have 3 deuces and i am always on the lookout for parts, sometimes on here, sometime on ebay, and sometimes on the other 30 or 40 sites that i have on my favorites. i have spent many $$$$$$ on ebay and i know here it works, and when some anounces that they are going to wait to the last second to bid (snipe) that is either to get others not to bid or to bid higher. :evil:

Polarfire

I'm not mad or upset with anybody. I just came here for some information from people who know a lot more about this stuff than I do. I didn't mean to lead anybody on or try to advertise anything. I'm more then willing to take pictures of any part of the kit and post here. However, I won't take the parts out of their original packages or wrapping unless it is already open. If someone from this site ends up with the kit, maybe they would be willing to take more detailed pics of all the parts and the installation.
Here are a couple of pics of the parts list that was enclosed with the kit.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks