• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS Water Fording Kit

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The biggest thing is, are the 4 brackets that mount it to the exhaust there? They will be 4 pieces of steel 1/8" steel strap x maybe 1" and "probably" 12-16" long (guessing) with two half circles bent into it. You should be able to feel that through the packages. Last truely hard to find part is the regulator valve.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regulator valve is #33 in the link in the ebay auction. NSN:4820-00-402-2166 Part Number is 45S.

Polarfire

The biggest thing is, are the 4 brackets that mount it to the exhaust there? They will be 4 pieces of steel 1/8" steel strap x maybe 1" and "probably" 12-16" long (guessing) with two half circles bent into it. You should be able to feel that through the packages. Last truely hard to find part is the regulator valve.
I believe the 4 brackets are included in the kit. One set of two was open and one was not. There are two valves included in the kit. One is in a clear sealed bag that I was able to take pic of, the other was smaller and wrapped in the brown paper so I was not able to take a pic of the valve its self. I was also able to locate part #5 "nut" while going through the inventory again. It was packaged with another item. The kit is complete according to the inventory sheet. There are actually two inventory sheets, one for the kit as a whole and one for the smaller parts box that is inside the kit. The previous inventory list I posted is for the smaller parts box and dosen't list items like the larger hoses and "mushroom" cap. All parts are in the complete kit.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well picture 4 has 2 of the 4 mounts. I would guess the other 2 are there somewhere, and the regulator is also there (#2). First complete (I believe) kit i've seen in a bit. I'd pay $20 for a drawing of the shape of the four mounts (actually two-one of each) mailed to me with a measurement of that strap in #4. Also, the other two only have one loop, not two. The 2nd is flat, it should be obvious too. Thanks

Last edited:

Polarfire

Well picture 4 has 2 of the 4 mounts. I would guess the other 2 are there somewhere, and the regulator is also there (#2). First complete (I believe) kit i've seen in a bit. I'd pay $20 for a drawing of the shape of the four mounts (actually two-one of each) mailed to me with a measurement of that strap in #4.
The other two straps are in pic #5 and you can see the ends in pic #7. Yes, the other two straps that I couldn't get pics of only have one loop (hump).

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry doghead and everyone else :oops:, i just get cranky when some talks to me like a child. i have 3 deuces and i am always on the lookout for parts, sometimes on here, sometime on ebay, and sometimes on the other 30 or 40 sites that i have on my favorites. i have spent many $$$$$$ on ebay and i know here it works, and when some anounces that they are going to wait to the last second to bid (snipe) that is either to get others not to bid or to bid higher. :evil:
I don't see where anyone talked to you "like a child". If you feel that way, please quote.

On eBay we all have the same right - to bid what we want, when we want.

I'm not the one who mentioned there was one up for auction or where.

Besides, if you have been following the board for any length of time my "snipe" comment might have been taken as a joke. Or not.

aua:deadhorse:2cents:confused:

DeuceNewb

If anybody else is interested, I just pulled the water fording kit off of my 1967 m109 that's listed for sale in the classifieds. I was planning on using it on my m35 but i don't have the time and i need money more than the kit. Pm me some offers if you're interested. I'd like to sell it here but if there's no interest then it will go on ebay.

3dAngus

If anybody else is interested, I just pulled the water fording kit off of my 1967 m109 that's listed for sale in the classifieds. I was planning on using it on my m35 but i don't have the time and i need money more than the kit. Pm me some offers if you're interested. I'd like to sell it here but if there's no interest then it will go on ebay.
Huh? I looked in the classifieds, and it wasn't there. Has it sold already?

If not, I highly recommend you follow the right course and put it in the classifieds.

Oh.... and good luck!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he meant his M109 is in the classifieds.

His posting above is just fine(as per the rules).

Last edited:

3dAngus

I think you're right, but when I think, it hurts between my ears. Sorry. I got it now.

Read 3X's, then speak. Got it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks