• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not starting because no fuel?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you look at the first two pictures on the thread removing the Head from a G pump. You will see at the base of the head and IP housing a bolt looking thing on his and no FDC. I will just say on yours I saw a FDC and a quick look at your pump did not have that bolt head thingy. On the G pumps that is an oil filter and oil is suppled to the Head on G models and it runs into the Head. Trying to remove the Head will damage the oil feed / oil filter and maybe the Head. Remove all clips that tie the injector lines together. Remove fuel line to Head. Remove injector lines. Remove fuel control unit assembly. Line up the red / scribe mark on the Head pointer and remove the hold down nuts. Head might need a little I said a little tap with a plastic hammer and it will pull out. Look at the pictures if nothing else. I do believe you do not have the G pump so you are good there but check to make sure I am right always. Did I forget anything?

Last edited:

carhug12

Did you look at the first two pictures on the thread removing the Head from a G pump. You will see at the base of the head and IP housing a bolt looking thing on his and no FDC. I will just say on yours I saw a FDC and a quick look at your pump did not have that bolt head thingy. On the G pumps that is an oil filter and oil is suppled to the Head on G models and it runs into the Head. Trying to remove the Head will damage the oil feed / oil filter and maybe the Head. Remove all clips that tie the injector lines together. Remove fuel line to Head. Remove injector lines. Remove fuel control unit assembly. Line up the red / scribe mark on the Head pointer and remove the hold down nuts. Head might need a little I said a little tap with a plastic hammer and it will pull out. Look at the pictures if nothing else. I do believe you do not have the G pump so you are good there but check to make sure I am right always. Did I forget anything?

It took me a while to track down. But we advance the engine until the scribe mark and arrow are aligned, then we can carefully remove the assembly?

Here is a video from tactical repair explaining what I think you are talking about.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea a little better but. Most of the time we only remove the Head. So when putting the fuel control back into the Head the arm of the fuel control will be back more towards the fire wall or the 4 o'clock position not 7 o'clock. That is because when we do the plunger sleeve for free movement check it should slide down the plunger. So in our case IP housing still on motor and Head going in vertical the plunger sleeve will fall down and hit bottom of the Head. Also since my step dad was a Doctor I have and use hemostats to remove the clip from the fuel control arm. You can lock them down on the clip and pull it off and I also use them to put it back on. Yes myself I put the transfer case in neutral and transmission in 5th gear and spin the jack shaft. From the rear of the transmission we rotate the jack shaft counter clockwise just the same as when the motor is running. When the marks are getting close you can switch the transmission into 3rd if you want. Yes we just have to line up the red scribe mark. Sometimes it is just the scribe mark and no red paint but get it dead on pointer and mark and the head should just lift out without prying on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks