• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now I have seen it all!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To run waste oil, in a pickup. Just a thought, since gasoline is gonna hit $5.00/gal this summer.

I'll probably just drive a whole deuce, since I have a few that need no work to drive.

I do want to put my cummins engine in a M1008, someday, for sure!

colelkhunter

you know what they say......"if she ain't good enough for her own family then she ain't good enough for us". Some places you have to leave the state to find a woman your not related to, not singling anyone out, just saying it out loud.

I was in Gaffney, SC just before Christmas and a guy there was having a problem with the DMV registering his deuce. Don't know the specifics, but his solution was to put a Chevy truck cab and bed on top of the deuce. Looked pretty wild. I might be able to get a pic emailed to me.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have a "short bus" sorta like the one Wreckerman rode to special ed school...still has the smear marks on the windows from licks and dents in the seat frames from the helmet.:lol:

I was thinking..maybe we should mount the bus body on a duece frame and use it at the Clinto/GA Rally to transport troops out to the trail ride areas??:idea:

I betcha it would work out just fine...and better than that ambulance thingy:grd:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Legally it should be registered as a M-35 the frame is what is registered not the body :jumpin:
Here in Oklahoma, the DVM registers vehicles by the VIN number. Thoses are "permanently" attached to the body. They don't care about the frames.

Darwin T

1. Racky if "This is what happens with too much time and Jack!" you are suspose to drink the Jack.

2. wreckerman893 "Like married first cousins." i think more "Like the kids of married frist cousins"

3. the ambulance is way cool

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been considering re-powering a CUCV with a multi fuel engine. I guess I won't post it here, if I do!

Was thinking of using the deuce frame too. Alot like the vehicle posted above.
Doghead I thought the same thing have the parts to do it to.

broman78

I know the guy that built that van. He thought it was a great idea but he is retired military and his friend had the tire contract. Not sure how it came to fruition. I will get an update in a couple of weeks and report back. You can view the truck in New Boston, Tx.

jj

Ashamed to admit i don't know anything at all about the multi-fuel, would a multi-fuel in a CUCV be feasible? I find the idea strangely compelling somehow. My wild-assed first guess would be that it would have to be done on a 1008 platform. Please elaborate on this!

Nonotagain

Ashamed to admit i don't know anything at all about the multi-fuel, would a multi-fuel in a CUCV be feasible? I find the idea strangely compelling somehow. My wild-assed first guess would be that it would have to be done on a 1008 platform. Please elaborate on this!
Other than the weight of the milti-fuel engine (approx 2700 lbs), the physical size (3'x5'x4' tall) and the receipant vehicle needing a 6 gallon cooling system, nothing.