• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now look what you guys made me do!!

Lax

Okay...okay. I hope you are all happy now. Last year I would look at this web page and love what I read even though I did not own a single MV. Oh..I always wanted to own a Duce since I was a little kid but who in their right mind would or could own one?

I hear about this GL thing you guys are all talking about and I say to myself. "Self, why don't you just take a look at GL for the fun of it". So me and myself do and we both think it's pretty cool. The next thing I know I'm following the GL auctions like there box scores for Major Leage Baseball. I'm one step away from cheering one bidder on over another! I ask myself. "Self, what the hell are you doing?" I'm watching the bids at work and switching between the GL web site and Steel Soldiers all day long. I'm starting to loose it now.

Finally I can't stand it anylonger. I'm watching all of your posts and teasing each other and most importantly HELPING each other and I really love it.

Guess what? There happens to be a GL auction about two hours away from me and there are a few nice trucks. I feel like Clark Griswald in the movie Family Vacation chanting to myself "this is crazy...this is crazy". :cookoo: I think I'll never win so what the heck I'll throw a couple bids out just for laughs.

You guessed it. I fricken won!! :roll: Now what??? :shock: I am so excited about it I want to start on it yesterday but I have to wait for the EUC (I faxed it yesterday). I was wondering if I could just borrow the Duce for a few weeks to get started on it and I'll return it as soon as I get my EUC to the DRMO so I can pick it up again ten minutes later from the DRMO. They will never even miss it and I promised I would not tell anyone but you guys and I know you guys can keep a secret!

It seams the nice man from the DRMO did not share my sense of adventure and refused to let me "borrow" it. He could have simply said no. He did not have to scream at me he was going to run me over with my own truck. I thought that was a little harsh. By the way. It's not really my truck until I get my EUC! HA! I guess I just told him didn't I?!

Anyway, thanks a lot! This is all your fault!......... But I CAN NOT WAIT TO DRIVE IT!! If I could, I would kiss you all!!.......Oh wait! That sounded much better in my head than how it looks in writting. :lol: Anyway, You guys know what I mean.

The truck is in okay shape but I will need a new cargo box without question. It has everything I really wanted so I am very happy about that. Sadly it has spent to much time in the Northeast with winters and salty roads. :cry:

Thanks everyone and sorry for the way to long post. I have been waiting a long time to be able to do this.

Attachments

Lax

About $2700. But it will need a new cargo box and some body work. I still think I did okey. The bats were dead but once I got it jumped she came right to life after about four or five seconds of cranking and then run great. I'm really happy so far but of course I have not gotten into it much yet but is runs and it stoped when I hit the breaks so I'm happy so far. :p

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to deuce ownership brother. I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is, you will love owning and driving a deuce. The bad news (depending on viewpoint) is that you can't own just one MV. Please keep the lot of is informed. Hey Mike, was in next to Gassers shop van?

Lax

Thanks guys. I am hoping to drive it home. I only moved it 30 feet back and forth at the DRMO site but the breaks seemed to work and it was not leaking anything so I'm thinking I MAY be okay to drive it about 2-3 hours home. :roll:

Like I said it will need a fair amount of body work to make it look as good as all of yours but I think it will be worth it. My first goal is to get a new cargo bed. The one on it is not good. The paint on the rest of the truck looks like it is only the first or second coat so I'm really glad I will not have to go through ten layers to get to a good surface. :D

Any suggestions on where to get a good cargo box? Does GL auction them? Thanks guys!

M35A2

Man, that looks a very nice truck. I've been after one for over 10 years and still haven't got one. I started small with Military Land Rovers. I've had three since 1989 and two of them I still own. I wish we had those auctions over here. :(

mangus580

Lax, the guys up there let you Jump it? what did you use? I wish I had known, I would have put more effort in starting Grahams while I was there.

Lax

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone! I hope I won't let you all down.

Mike, I asked Ken if I could pull my car around and jump the duce. I told him a sad story how I had traveled all that way just to see if it started so I would know how I was going to get it home and if it won't start or run it will be very tough to get it home, whine, whine, whine. I guess my sad eyes (I faked to cry... okay not really) and my sad story cought him off guard and in a good mood. He told me my car would not touch getting the duce turned over and he had something that would. He met me at the duce in a M1009 with cables hard wired so this must be a regular thing. He pluged right in at the thingy on the side and I jumped in and she jumped right to life. I will need some advise on some good batties from you guys. How am I doing so far?? :wink:

I'd really like to hear about that local cargo bax if is a good one. Thanks.