• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP218 Transfer Case Fill Plug Socket Size

McP47

Been digging through TMs and part #s trying to determine what size socket I need to remove the fill plug on my transfer case to check fill level. I also searched some posts here and saw someone had asked a similar question a while back with directives to research the TMs, crawl under the truck and also a suggestion that it was a 33MM socket. That being said, I have searched TMs finding the part, but no info on size (and I may just be missing), checked NSN part references, checked under the truck (determined that the plug was way bigger than any socket I had already), and searched locally for a 33MM socket, but could only find 30MM, 34MM, & 36MM. I grabbed an assortment to test, just have not done so yet, but planning to this weekend and figured would check to see if any advice here before I crawl back under to test my assortment and find none fit.

Action

autozone will usually let you try a size to make sure it fits before you buy it. As long as you try it in the parking lot and not at home. Or just ask them to measure it with a caliper for you.

McP47

30mm socket for future reference. Thanks again and hope everyone had a good weekend. My rig is almost ready for another surf fishing season here in Delaware and the weather is warming so things headed in the right direction.

AAVP7

Ah, it´s 30mm on the NP218, too; interesting.

I had to work on my NP242 on Friday, and measured 30mm there. But I wasn´t sure wether the NP218 might have a different plug.

So it´s 30mm on both transfers. Now that´s a pretty common socket size overhere.